Hayfever anyone?

375win

This has got to be the absolute worst year I can remember for hayfever.
My eyes are bloodshot, my nose is streaming, ears and throat are itchy....
All this even though I take antihistamine tablets and nasal spray.
Anyone else suffer? Any helpful hints to share with the rest of us?
Cheers, John

yes mate i know what you mean , have you tried the nasel plug in thing from boots that works well ,atb wayne

Will give that a try. Going down there now. Anything at all, really as at the moment I am pretty much restricted in what I can do. Meaning: No stalking and forget the range :cry:

All i can say is the older you get the symptoms seem to lessen, at least in my case.
But i did get caught out whilst fishing this week, both me and the client started sneezing etc, looked behind us and there was a whole bank of foxglove flowers,nightmare.
Cheers
Richard

Never had it thank dog! but my brother and my dad used to suffer really really badly when we lived in Essex and in Cornwall but since they moved to Dorset neither of them are too bad!

ive suffered with it for years and sometimes nothing lessens the effects, the best thing ever is the injection they do which will last for upto 3 months. only downside is a lot of gps claim to not be able to administer it due to it not being too good for you but its balls. play up until you can get someone to gove you the jab, its steroid based i think and its the only thing that truely works. summer is usually a time of misery and suffering for me too as my doc wont give me the jab

Some people suggest eating LOCAL honey, it helps the body to build up a resistance to the local pollen. It does have to be from local bees though, worth a try, provided you like honey ;)

Hello 375win.

I know how you feel, as I struggle aswell. In desperation I went to my GP for anything else on the market, but who instead advised me to eat more honey, from within a 5 mile area of my home. Thankfully, we have quite a few locals who sell honey, so this was easy. Within 1 week my hayfever symptoms have gone.

The farmers around here are big on oilseed rape, and the local bee keepers, say it produces good yields of honey, so maybe there is a link. It is worth a go - and cheaper than tablets....

Hope this helps.

Neil G.

I seem to be suffering particularly badly this year, or should I say earlier this year. Usually have to wait until late August to be effected. Thankfully any old proprietary unclehistamine stops the symptoms for me.

Thought I was starting to suffer last week from hayfever for the first time this year. Turned out I had a cold. Not sure which is worse.

Can't stand honey but have been taking a teaspoonfull of local stuff for the past two years and it does seem to have some benefit but unfortunately not a magic cure for myself.

I suffer too, this has been the best year I've had for 15 years. Got the symptoms but not to badly usually sore eyes, running nose, sneezing, coughing and wheezing. The wet day days are worst all the pollen is low down unlike warmer days where it is floating up high until the sun goes down. Honey never helped me got the cheapest pills the doc could find and they work well. Been on them 3years now, all the rest of the pills only helped for a month before they stopped being effective. Anybody had the injection for it, my doc won't do it

Al

i only managed to get the injection twice, when i was 15 and 16 if i remember rightly and i had a good 3 months without suffering, very occasionaly i would need to suppliment it with eye drops or a nasal spray. the docs really dont like it, i even offered to sign a disclaimer a couple of years back and he still wouldnt do it

All i can say is the older you get the symptoms seem to lessen, at least in my case.
But i did get caught out whilst fishing this week, both me and the client started sneezing etc, looked behind us and there was a whole bank of foxglove flowers,nightmare.
Cheers
Richard

Yep I've found this to be true, I used to get hayfever bad as a kid now hardly at all. At the peak of summer I take Zirtek (Cetirizine Dihydrochloride) one tablet every two days none drowsey and also good if you have a cold. ASDA flog these at £1 for 14 tablets.

Back