Parker hale 1941 Lithgow conversions

Hi there all my friends,

Some news here,!!! I have made contactwith the Lithgow Small Arms factory Museum. There was a number of Lithgow No 1Mk 111 actions with heavy sniper barrels sold to Parker hale post WW11. These heavy barrels had tighter tolerances and there is a fair chance there is a H stamped on the barrel.

They are going to check out the archives for me to see if they can supply more information about the number and type of actions sold to Parker hale. Some Production records and drawings have been destroyed. I hope the information that I seek is still there, time will tell.

I will update as soon as I get more info Thanks Neilo

Last edited:
I now have that custom No 1

Well I now have that Custom No1 in my gun safe. It is a Parker Hale Custom No 1 with Sile wood. the forestock gap matches the barrell. I have not fired it yet, but the action is smoother than my custom No 4. I have been a little on the pale side again but we got the heart running smoothly now so the jobs right. I intend to get some pictures posted soon show you all my 2 Parker Hales.

Greetings Mr Brithunter I have a PH custom No1 a LSA conversion what scope base and such fits as the charging bridge was milled on mine as well.

P-H made a bracket with a dovetail on top to acept the normal P-H rings. For the No1 Cutom it was BA.27:-

The problem will likely be finding one.

P-H made a bracket with a dovetail on top to acept the normal P-H rings. For the No1 Cutom it was BA.27:-

The problem will likely be finding one.
Hi Brit
what would one of these mounts be worth?
just i Know where there may be a spare one but with a weaver rail fitted.

Bob

Worth is as with everything .................................... whatever someone will pay for it.

You don't see these come up very often so there is no hard evidence of others prices to compare it too. I bought this one a few years back for my little collection of P-H stuff off e-bay. It came with the rings and I was very lucky as no one else bid on it I think but I cannot recall what I paid and it's too long ago to appear in the archive. I also bought a No1 Mk111 rail mount but it's steel and not the usual P-H alloy one.

I must go a look for this Custom No1 BA27 as it's not with the others so it too might be missing.

Back