As per title what do you carry when stalking alone, or what would you carry if you don't stalk alone and what wouldn't you bother with or add if there was more than one of you?
Other than rifle & ammo & Binos obviously!
If moving any distance from vehicle or if I intend to be out all day, my kit is:
If I wan't alone, I don't think I would leave anything out but I would add a radio.
- 30 litre Blackhawk hydration pack (with bladder for water) containing..
- Basic first aid kit (now containing tourniquet and fast clotting agent!)
- Emergency shelter (one step up from a space blanket, packs down to the size of 2 packs of cards)
- Flask/stove/jetboil.. what ever is fit for purpose on that day
- Fire making kit
- 3 in 1 coffee sachets
- couple of emergency high calorie snacks
- Head torch
- Main Knife
- Back up Knife
- Detol wipes
- small plastic mat to put knives on
- Latex Gloves
- a few small cable ties
- Midge net hat
- Deer drag and 2 caribiners (then doubles as hoist if I have a suitable branch close by to make the gralloch that bit easier)
- 1 lightweight flynet
- Mobile phone
- Clothing layers / waterproofs as necessary
If I wasn't going far from vehicle I might not take anything at all!
Sounds a lot but it about 1/3 - 1/2/ fills the backpack and is no bother to carry