Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice please

Advice please

I recently got a ppi payout, and applied the thirty percent rule when telling the mrs (she thinks the amount to be a third of the real amount) so basically have a nice bit of cash.

I've been desperate for some high end bins (thinking EL's) but I'm still a bit put off by brand new price. Would you go brand new or attempt to find some good quality second hand ones?

S/H or ex demo ones from a dealer.

Andibrains With a bit of picking and choosing a very nice second hand pair can be sourced. Something always appears on this site from time to time.

I would go new EL's if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    I would go new EL's if I were you
    Why just out of interest?

Hello mate before you buy a set of el's go and have a look at the new meopta hd's they are the same glass lighter and half the price!!

I've heard that secondhand ELs can either a) not be much cheaper than new, and b) if factory re-furbished can be as good as new.
    If you find a used pair, you probably won't go wrong.

hi mate.i did same thread about 2 month ago and got alot of input that helped, my mate has a set of zeiss, swarovski and set of minox HG and i tried them all. in the end i got a set of minox HG, because i didn't think there was any real difference in any of them apart from the price some people said get S/H and some said in the end i went for new minox HG,but the price varied quit a lot from 590 to 799 in the end i got them at camera shop that had them on sale at 589 so if you need or want the name and number i would look them out ,hope it helps,love mine after using a cheap set for so long

I would be in a similar situation to you if my wife hadn't opened the letter from the bank offering us 9000
    Even so its a nice little bonus, Mr Davies i feel a couple of stalks might be booked with you.
    I have to say my blood boils when i see these company's offering to get your ppi back, they do nothing you cant do yourself and take 30% for doing it

It's terrible, for m the whole process was as difficult as a single phone call and a single form. I didn't even know if I had paid ppi but the banks are obliged to tell you but ONLY if you ask