will the r93 be fased out

barkin` buck

Could the blaser r93 be at risk of being fased out by the pushing of the r8? I would hate to shell out for the former when the parts are not interchangeable to find in a couple of years the bits have disappeared, :doh: all thoughts welcome, bb

Could the blaser r93 be at risk of being fased out by the pushing of the r8? I would hate to shell out for the former when the parts are not interchangeable to find in a couple of years the bits have disappeared, :doh: all thoughts welcome, bb

I doubt it not while folks are still "daft" enough to buy them.

Ok got me tin hat on and safely under the mantlet............................................. INCOMING!

I think it is pretty safe to say they will be at some point.

I am buying a R8 tomorrow. Couple of hundred more and its a big improvement on the R93, to top it off there is no risk as there is with a R93

The r8 is marketed as being an improvement on the r93, if it proves to be a commercial success and sales of the r93 fall off as a result I cannot see any commercial reason why Blaser would continue to make them. atb Tim

There was a long discussion about this on an American web site and it seems they have stopped production but there is enough replacement parts to keep them going for the forseeable future.
A company in Bulgaria are already making parts, enough to make a whole R93 rifle, so regardless of what Blaser do there will not be a problem.
It seems the Bulgarian company has looked into this and the Blaser patent expires some time in 2012 so they have not gone into world wide advertising just yet.
I have already had a Bulgarian Saddle mount, identical to the Blaser and at £220 very good indeed.

Having 4 x R93 Blaser's can you give me the contact details please.

There was a long discussion about this on an American web site and it seems they have stopped production but there is enough replacement parts to keep them going for the forseeable future.
A company in Bulgaria are already making parts, enough to make a whole R93 rifle, so regardless of what Blaser do there will not be a problem.
It seems the Bulgarian company has looked into this and the Blaser patent expires some time in 2012 so they have not gone into world wide advertising just yet.
I have already had a Bulgarian Saddle mount, identical to the Blaser and at £220 very good indeed.

Also pretty sure the reason why you can get the good deals on the .243 R93 is because they are off loading old stock.

Back