Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterdays tracking training day

Yesterdays tracking training day

Hi all.
    firstly id like to say a very big thankyou to stone for putting on a fantastic training day yesterday, the day was attended by several members of various ages with dogs at different stages of training.
    we all arrived at the training ground at nine ish were coffee and tea were waiting for everyone, with the introductions/meet and greet out of the way we proceeded outside were baron had mocked up a fumbled shot site/situation for us to work out this was very interesting and put everyone at ease by getting us all talking amongst ourselfs.
    after this we went back inside to watch some dvd's on what to and not to do along with some very interesting conversation along with a good talk from baron with a Q/A session as we went.
    after that was the practical part to the day with an introduction to scent shoes along with some do's and dont's to laying a trail "yes blood or not to blood came up !!!!!!!! haha" anyway good ole springerman got the job of being Mr. buck with the shoes and laying the trails and a fine job he did too "must of been hard work though as the lazy bugger fell fast on in my van on the way home haha" all dogs did very well and im sure stone and baron will agree all owners can be proud of what there dogs did.
    this was followed by lunch which was a lovely venison stew layed on again by our host.
    then more Q/A for the baron followed but a little more practical work, all in all as ive said a very well put together day

PS. rich you may like to put up some of the pics you were constantly taking !!!!! haha

Hey Jimmy
    I will put a few pics and vids up shortly
    But thank you for your kind remarks
    I only hosted the day credit really goes to Georges ( Baron) and all that were able to attend turned up and participated that made the day what is was

I hav to say i really enjoyed it even thou a little stressfull at times trying to get every thing off to a good start, apologies to all for that
    I also learnt a little too, but that springer man was defo a star ... lol

Well done lads and Rich i know what you mean but hey it all gose well in the end

Sounds a cracking day.

6pointer please note - Tea/Coffee on arrival. Venison stew for lunch. LOL

Well sadly you went home early just when the steaks were given out at the hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Sounds a cracking day.

6pointer please note - Tea/Coffee on arrival. Venison stew for lunch. LOL
    I thought that as well....

Think I will ask Richard if I can go to his day next year...

Cracking day many thanks to Stone and Baron, it was a pleasure to meet and work with everyone.
    I think we all came away a little better educated, many thanks again guys and I look forward to the next time.
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Maybe that wee dog of your will find your deer under your feet Pierred lol ps nice picture .

Hey Jimmy
    The key fellas on the day , teaching/learning how to set up scent shoes

One from the NO blood dogs
    First man out

Will put a bit more in time
    Last edited by stone; 04-07-2012 at 08:43.

Good on yer Rich for doing that day.
    All the best