Thread: New Member from London

New Member from London

Hello All,

I have just joined the site, which I have browsed for a while, primarily so I can start following up on the many opportunities for stalking that are advertised.

I am a novice stalker and have to date completed three outings in Oxfordshire, shooting a roe doe and a fallow buck on the first and second. The third outing was a "blank" in that I didn't shoot anything, but I actually saw plenty of deer including a large herd of fallow and two muntjac, so felt it was a pretty successful evening !

I have recently completed the DSC1 and have registered for DSC2. I hold an FAC and shoot with a Mauser M03 in 30.06.

I am particularly interested in obtaining a period of extensive stalking experience so will be PM'ing Sikamalc about SD 2012 (though I suspect that is full) and - despite some negative feedback on here - am also considering taking a chance with BASC's Arran scheme. There seems to be a view that there are not many deer left though there must be some and I enjoy a good stroll in the hills so imagine it can't be all bad.

Anyway, I look forward to participating in the forum.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to the forum.
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Welcome PM sent.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to