Reasonably priced NV add on?

bewsher500

I am contemplating hocking in a scope for an NV add on.
Have been thinking about it for a while but last night in the mist was the straw that broke the camel.

my budget NV monocular worked fine out to 100yds plus through the mist but as soon as I put the lamp on even dimmed right down I could just see illuminated mist!
max I could get was about 40 yds and then the only thing I could see was very feint eye shine.

not fussed about Gen 3+ military equipment, I just want something that works to around 100yds (usually way under that), reasonably clear.
If I could get my Bresser digital monocular to hook to the scope I would use that!!

what is good at the low end of the market?

Jesus they are over £2k! would need to shoot 1000's of bunnies to pay for it!
not quite what I had in mind.

my £90 monocular was fine in the mist.
just looking for a similar level add on really, they must exist, I have only found Yukon so far

Yukon (NVMT) Cobra (Merlin) and Pulsar (Challenger) seem to be the main ones. As previously stated, they all play up a bit in the mist and rain. All Gen1+ - all about £500 new.

You could take a look at the Dipol 125. No personal experience of it. Let us all know how it works if you fork out for one of them.

on their own they work ok with mist but its when you add IR to extend the range that gets scattered and bounced back. The way to get a lot more range out of cheap night vision is to get an IR filter for a lightforce 170 etc and use that to illuminate the area. That will get you your 100 yards plus without spending a fortune. Otherwise keep your eyes out for a 2nd hand archer but they hold price well. That ebay one won't stick about long with that buy it now as the day scope adaptor etc makes it well worth the money.

Back