Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: boarbaric

any thoughts on the condemnation of the wild boar shooting article on page 13 of todays sunday mail ie good or bad for the sport or good or bad for colin's business .

I had a call from the guy at the Mail during the week , i talked him through how the boar came to being here
    and how quickly they have spread (over ten years) now we have a few angry farmers around , some who give me
    deerstalking aswell , having their land ripped apart by the rising numbers of boar . I consider myself lucky to have
    them on my permissions and try to do my best to manage them properly using the best equipment available , anyone
    i do take out for a shot (a small number) are tested on a target first , anyone not good enough wouldnt get to take a shot.
    As long as what im doing is legal i will carry on ,
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

Quote Originally Posted by MW3 View Post
    Usuall Sunday Mail anti shooting/ hunting sensationalist journalisim.
    I remember reading an article like that in a newspaper about lampung foxes when I was twelve. I never read a newspaper since. Utter garbage.

Well said Colin, having stalked with Colin i can safely say that article is a load of tosh only safe humane shots are taken by competent legal sportsmen and i would recommend colin to anyone wanting to stalk Boar, Roe , Red, Goats all of which i mite add are wild and legal sport
    Last edited by 375 mag; 08-07-2012 at 18:58.

Cheers Nigel

Blasted to death, not good or fair reporting, but when can I come colin I like the sound of that.
    Is there chance to blast a fox to death as well while in there. LOL

I'm ok I have had loads of practice and am well trained in "blasting" animals to death.

No Foxes here mate , ive shot em all
    But come for piggy when the time is right

Wonder if the politicians mentioned, realise they are trying to shoot themselves & the local economy in "The foot".., & the "Hunters" who pay to shoot Boar (& not Boars) are by definition "Trained"...?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Having shot my first deer with Colin I was reassured by the respect he shows for the quarry, his knowledge and professionalism was obvious. I have no reservations about recommending Colin to anyone.