deer gambrel

moray loon

Is there such a thing as a deer gambrel and hoist or frame that fits onto the rear of a car ( LR Discovery ) so that I can gralloch deer out in the field while I am standing up ? I have lower back problems that mean bending over is a real " pain " ! ATB ml

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info. Adamant, that bit of kit looks like what I need. Do you use it with the "S" type butchers hooks. ml

Is there such a thing as a deer gambrel and hoist or frame that fits onto the rear of a car ( LR Discovery ) so that I can gralloch deer out in the field while I am standing up ? I have lower back problems that mean bending over is a real " pain " ! ATB ml

What you want is one of these

P1060965.jpg 01082010141.jpg

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info. Adamant, that bit of kit looks like what I need. Do you use it with the "S" type butchers hooks. ml

I prefer to use a slightly beefier hook, so I use a 6" stainless hook made from 8mm bar. The whole kit lives in the back of my truck in a canvas roll, along with the 24mm spanner to tighten it onto the ball hitch - I replaced the two bolts with 8mm pins with sprung keepers, so it takes a few seconds to put together.

Adam.

I have done one similar to the mannser one but you dont need a tow bar you drive onto a plate so it has the weight of the vehicle on it and you then use it the same. my other one fastens onto the deer carrier on a tow bar you can gralloch over a large bag for waste and take away or bury ,whichever you need to do ,
i have also done ones the same as mr lewis posted although it wasnt for hoisting deer it was for work fitting two posts lifts with one man but the same principle just 10 years ago before i started stalking ,we still use the lift now and it also loads the lifts into the back of merc sprinter ,atb wayne

Mr Lewis,
any chance of seeing photos of your newest design ?
would you also be kind enough to tell us (or pm me) what size of box section, and any other material you use.
i am considering trying to make 1, but i am useless at it unless its all written down in front of me !
cheers

Back