recoil pad/rubber restorer

User00003

any magic products out there for restoring the nice black colour to a recoil pad that is not quite ready for replacement yet? (black)?

Back to black if you can still get it.

Also best product out there for cleaning fly fishing lines and making them ultra slick!!! (just thought I would add that for the benefit of the many fishermen on here...)

I'll tell you what may also be worth trying, the spray you get for restoring the rubber on le chameau wellies...

take but pad off and spray with car tyre restorer.

The Le Chameau stuff isnt really a cleaner. i use in on the wellies but its only after i have scrubbed in sink with brush.

Back to black if you can still get it.

No way!!

The idiot I brought my car from used it all over the poor car and it took weeks to get it off. Meanwhile it attracted every bit of muck in the country. What a mess.

Sure it looked fine in the photos and when I picked the car up but a couple of days later and it was in a right old state. washing several times and a couple of trips through the car wash made it slightly better but it's bitch to get off and it marks clothing terribly.

A dash shine may work for a while?

Been on the look out for a product shown on the Scotty Kilmer Auto Care You Tube Vids ( if not seen before, brace yourself ) he showed a rubber restorer for use on bushings etc - ST something - will try to find my note of it. So far appears only to be a US of A thing.

Back