Thread: New Member

Hello to all.

I am a newcomer to stalking but not to fieldsports. I have held a shotgun license since I was 14 (now 42) and used to go out with my Dad every winter when he was in a sydicate in Somerset where we lived, on a local duck pond. I used to freeze my nads off watching him shoot and then help with the picking up till nightfall. Eventually I got to have a go with his 12 bore then once he felt I was confident he bought me a .410. This led to me getting a half gun on the pond for a few seasons then I moved away an the guns sat in his cabinet for too many years to mention!
    I finally chose to settle in the Ribble Valley, Lancashire with my family. I now have a safe installed and inspected and moved my guns. I joined a local clay shoot and have had a couple of invitations to some pheasant shoot days.

Re-visiting my father on occasion found he has a re-kindled interest in lamping for rabbits (he is now 70 years old!). I have joined him on may occasion and thoroughly enjoyed it to the extent of getting my FAC, a .177 HMR and my own permissions locally in Lancashire. Getting back out into the countryside once more has reminded me what I enjoyed the most as a kid. Now being older (and hopefully somewhat wiser) I am looking to gain a deeper association with UK game. I would like to expand my quarry to deer and understand not just how to shoot them but to understand their behaviour, how they fit into the balance of nature and how I can contribute to maintaining this sport.

I am a member of BASC and looking to take my DSC1 next year. in the meantime I want to study, share stories, build relationships and gain experience.

Sorry for the long intro. I am usually of few words and can promise any other threads I start or join will be kept brief! (If you got this far in reading!)

Anyone looking for someone to walk with in the Ribble Valley / Forest of Bowland feel free to PM me!

Looking forward to reading the posts, meeting you here and in the field.

welcome to the site you will greatly enjoy your time
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Hiya mate and welcome to the site. You'll learn a lot here about stalking - i did and still do, and you'll learn that everyone has a different ( and equally valid point of view ) and you have to pick the one that suits you - or try them all out - half the fun

atb Scrun

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hello and welcome to the site.