The new Pulsar Digisight N750 Digital Night Vision Riflescope

Scott Country

Hello all.

We have been very lucky to be evaluating the new Pulsar Digisight N750 Digital Night Vision before its release later this year and have been asked by several members when we expect to be retailing them, and for more info etc, so thought we would post a brief evaluation/review.

We have produced a short demo video which you can see here

digi750.jpg

Full review to follow on our site, but spec highlights include

OLED High Resolution Screen
Built in Laser IR Illuminator
Max Detection Range of 600m (Man sized object, ideal viewing conditions)
Real Life Detection Range of 350m (We viewed a fox target in complete darkness with little starlight effectively at this range, which is considerable better than the current N550)
Built in "Doubler": Push button 1.5X Magnification to increase mag at any range.
Illuminated Reticle: Push button switching between red and green

Generally the device appears sharper and more detailed than the N550 (which is continuing in the range and we expect still to be the best seller)

The built in IR Laser has a three power output facility depending on range requirements, and although not as effective as an L-808 Laser, it works really well.

Sumlight facility works great in difficult lighting.

Watch out for a full review to follow.

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/produ...N750-Digital-Night-Vision-Riflescope-4979.htm

Best Regards

Scott Country
http://www.scottcountry.co.uk

Hi.
Any idea of price?
I suppose consumer reaction is being gauged before the retail price is announced.

Hello Bryan, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we do not have a retail price as yet, but will post as soon as we are informed.

Peter H, the video of the labrador was filmed during the day to demonstrate the effectiveness of the 1.5x Digital Zoom.

Big Noel, granted our demo videos to show the new OLED screen and the 1.5x Zoom were during the day, apart from the video footage of the target to demonstrate the night vision was in our dark test room, so not really showing the true capability at long range. We are doing videos of long range stuff for the review this week.

Bearing in mind the new device has a Max Detection range (man sized object 1/4 moon light) of up to 600m, with the N550 being up to 400m, the addition of OLED screen, 1.5x Digital Zoom, and built in IR, it is considerably improved.

It will be very interesting to find up how the N750 stacks up against its predecessor. Digital NV is still in its infancy and I have little doubt it is the way to go. I suspect the N750 will be a step in the right direction.

I can't see this N750 costing much more than the currant N550 model. After all it is available in Holland for 1190 euros which equates to just over £1000 also available in New Zealand and in Australia for approx £1200. Also available on Ebay. Mind you this being Britain, this fine country of ours no doubt we will be paying much more, what with Taxes etc. I reckon this will be a cracking scope once Health and Safety finally decide that the illuminator pass our stringent laws or whatever holdup there is. I see Scottcountry a having some fantastic deals with the currant N550, but at this rate I might as well carry on saving for a gen 3.

When we find some spare time (bearing in mind it doesnt get dark with us until 11.30pm) we will do a side by side comparison video of N550 vs N750 in the field.

Regards

Paul

Hi everybody,

We thought it was worth mentioning the fact that the Pulsar N750 no longer features the reticle upload facility. This only came to light last Friday via communication from Pulsar. It took Pulsar almost a year to sort out the software issues which prevented it from working on the N550 and they've since decided to drop that feature altogether on the N750. There is another technical reason for it however we don't have exact details as to why. We only wish they had informed dealers a lot sooner..

Cowan Scott

Hi everybody,

We thought it was worth mentioning the fact that the Pulsar N750 no longer features the reticle upload facility. This only came to light last Friday via communication from Pulsar. It took Pulsar almost a year to sort out the software issues which prevented it from working on the N550 and they've since decided to drop that feature altogether on the N750. There is another technical reason for it however we don't have exact details as to why. We only wish they had informed dealers a lot sooner..

Cowan Scott

Hello we are currently retailing the new Pulsar Digisight N750 with built in Laser IR for £1299 including a free Pulsar EPS3 Lithium Battery Pack worth £84.95

Best Regards

Scott Country

Back