Norweigen airlines

nell

Has anybody carried firearms with the above airline....i was told that the firearm has to be in two parts, not sure if this means bolt removal or stock or both......

Thanks in advance

yes i have and am.
depends where you read translation.
one says stock of rifle? the other says BOLT must be seperate and in CHECK in luggage.
presume stock must be on a shotgun or express rifle which has no bolt.

yes i have and am.
depends where you read translation.
one says stock of rifle? the other says BOLT must be seperate and in CHECK in luggage.
presume stock must be on a shotgun or express rifle which has no bolt.

Thats what concerned me,have you or any of your guests carried a bolt action rifle with only bolt removed...also says ammo must be in original package.. any views on that.... im checking this out for a couple of mates who are comming over for an elk hunt in sept...

Any info greatly excepted

RGDS

yes they must be in original package. They wont check headstamps just check the boxes.
You will have to have opened a box to shoot so don't think its an issue.
If your on handloads put them in a clean undamaged factory box and lock it in a tin inside your check in luggage. also lock the bolt and knife in there to.
Its all in an effort to stop loose shells rolling about inside your case.

yes they must be in original package. They wont check headstamps just check the boxes.
You will have to have opened a box to shoot so don't think its an issue.
If your on handloads put them in a clean undamaged factory box and lock it in a tin inside your check in luggage. also lock the bolt and knife in there to.
Its all in an effort to stop loose shells rolling about inside your case.

Cheers for that , they have travelled with firearms before,but never with Norweigen.......

Flew with Norwegian a few times from Oslo to Gatwick & Edinburgh with my rifle and no problems at all.

Rifle without bolt in a lockable rifle case and ammunition and bolt in a checked in suitcase, my ammunition (home loads) were just in a plastic MTM case with a bit of bubble wrap in to stop it moving around and some tape around to stop it opening, no need for a lock.

Thanks guys,,, wot the weather like in Norge Jonher....

Hi nell,

Weather is a bit all over the place at the moment mate.

Not as bad as what you guys have been experiencing in the UK though!

If you want to check the Norwegian weather forecasts, this website is good: http://www.yr.no/ it even has an option to be in English :D

Haha, iv'e looked at enough weather forcasts lately to last me a lifetime,im pig sick,still have 15000 to shear and cant see any settled weather in the near future...

Had a good report from my mate who we hunt with, he has seen 10 different elg and several reds in the area, so something to loo forward to...

I think due to the mild winter this year it should be a pretty good season allround, we're getting lots of pics of roe deer and moose on the game cams and seeing signs all over the place, so fingers crossed!

Not sure about the young birds though with all this rain we've been having!

Good luck with your hunting nell, let me know how you get on!

Atb.

Back