tested new toy

stav

hi all,
got a summit tree climbing high seat of fleabay at the weekend for make an offer price of £50.00, well been itching to give it ago so me and my local farmer have just been and tested it and i can honestly say it must be one of the best £50.00 i,ve spent.
as a scaffolder the height dint bother me and it was as stable as owt.
buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt as a quick learning curve do not try and adjust foot plate whilst sat in the seat.lol good job farmer jack was with me otherwise i,d be stuck 20ft up in air as it dropped straight down to bottom. came with no manual so only seen them being used on youtube and pretty sure manual would tell you not to do that.lol
it took about 30 seconds to get up 20ft. 10 out of 10 cracking bit of kit.
stav

Stav,mine came with a cord that secures inbetween,so if the base slips,it does not fall far.
That way youcan haul it back up in position.

Ha ha ha
I filmed my mate setting his up
The amount of times the tread plate dropped was funny
Tie a rope to it so you can keep safe
Next time
Great piece of kit thou

I've got a Hunters View climbing high seat and its a brilliant bit of kit!
Only limited by finding a suitable tree to use - in the right place.

Daz

Stav here's a link to the online manuals:
Summit Tree Stands Assembly Instructions

I have the Summit Viper, its a great piece of kit, the only change i made was to get the adjustable gun rail as I found the regular support a little low.

Another little DIY tip is to get a camo umbrella and remove one of the supports to make the material loose on one side then you can strap it to the tree above you when it rains :D

Have fun with your new toy!

stone, i said we need a camcorder as something will go wrong lol took him 10 mins to get it to me as he was laughing that much.
russian sniper, my local permission is surounded by forest with the perfect trees, but not got permission to shoot deer though, so foxs best get ready.lol
stav

cheers stav
Stav here's a link to the online manuals:
Summit Tree Stands Assembly Instructions

I have the Summit Viper, its a great piece of kit, the only change i made was to get the adjustable gun rail as I found the regular support a little low.

Another little DIY tip is to get a camo umbrella and remove one of the supports to make the material loose on one side then you can strap it to the tree above you when it rains :D

Have fun with your new toy!

Great tip on the umbrella idea!
I'll have to see what ebay has to offer :)

Cheers
Daz

Back