C L A cancelled

Just tried to look at website, but page is not opening so must be snowed under. Had tickets and camping, what now?

Realise that, but where can I escape to with my hard earned cash and get a bargin?
Update on CLA Website at 3:40pm, just keeping exhibitors off site to protect ground! No mention of cancellation.

Sorry gents, but this years CLA has been cancelled.
My sister,who arranged this year just got a email to confirm that it will not be going ahead.

Here's the confirmation email

It is with great regret that I have to inform you that the CLA Game Fair 2012 has been cancelled due to adverse weather and ground conditions.

We were forecast 36 hours of drying conditions, which we have had. We hoped that this would have been enough to dry out the waterlogged ground. Unfortunately, the benefit has been negligible and as such it would prove impossible to allow the 3,000-4,000 vehicle movements still required to build the show.

Every effort has been made over the past few weeks to protect the integrity of the ground and all parties involved have been exceptional in their efforts to try to make sure the show went on.

The weather forecast is predicting significant further rainfall in the next 48 hours. The situation looks set to only deteriorate from this point on.

This knowledge combined with increased health and safety risks during the build and for the public during the three days of the CLA Game Fair has led us to the point where we do not believe we can deliver the show.

Unfortunately we have had no option but to take the sad decision that this year’s CLA Game Fair cannot go ahead.

While this is obviously devastating for all involved, please rest assured that all services purchased from the CLA Game Fair will be refunded in full.

I would ask you to please bear with us through this challenging time.

For all information regarding refunds please refer to our website at http://www.cla.org.uk/News_and_Press/Camping_Information/ in the first instance. We will, of course, be in contact with you at the earliest opportunity.

Kind Regards

I've just had an email from the campsite booking office to say it's been cancelled.

The email says that all services purchased from the CLA Game Fair will be refunded in full. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but am hoping it means those who've booked will be getting their tickets and camping fees back.

I'm hoping the Midland goes ahead.

Cheers,

Bob

They definitely called the shot- even if you can't get onto their website apparently the CLA Facebook page has confirmed the cancellation.

I wonder why they persist with holding it at country estates? Does anyone really bother to take in the scenery or visit the house etc? Surely a venue like Silverstone would be a better option? Glyn

I wonder why they persist with holding it at country estates? Does anyone really bother to take in the scenery or visit the house etc? Surely a venue like Silverstone would be a better option? Glyn
Your Avin a laugh last weeks grand prix was a complete wash out better off at a show ground but any where with grass parking is going to be iffy
Regards Norma

I made my first attempt to the CLA Game Fair 2007 at Harewood House, everything booked(Tickets,Motorhome,Camping Plot,Ferry).Cancelled because of flooding.My second attempt 2012 Belvoir Castle.Same again.Thats really bad luck.I do not think I will try again next year.The weather god is against me,and I think I am not the only one.I hope the weather in Scotland is better in two weeks time stalking roe bucks.Hopefully the Moy Fair is on.

I made my first attempt to the CLA Game Fair 2007 at Harewood House, everything booked(Tickets,Motorhome,Camping Plot,Ferry).Cancelled because of flooding.My second attempt 2012 Belvoir Castle.Same again.Thats really bad luck.I do not think I will try again next year.The weather god is against me,and I think I am not the only one.I hope the weather in Scotland is better in two weeks time stalking roe bucks.Hopefully the Moy Fair is on.
dont want to be seen as if im rubbing it in but keep trying mate ive been a couple of times and if youve never been its certainly worth it, its absolutly massive and to be fair more than you can see in one day if you look at it all

I live right by the circuit it was like being out on the Wash last week. A lot of folk never got on to the site on Saturday.

Your Avin a laugh last weeks grand prix was a complete wash out better off at a show ground but any where with grass parking is going to be iffy
Regards Norma

Ok, perhaps not a good example but there must be some decent site in the midlands or central England with good acces and ground conditions. Glyn

Back