Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Related Transaction Notification

Firearm Related Transaction Notification

Has any of the site members used the 'modern' method of informing their Firearms department of any firearm related transactions by E Mail ?
    I have just acquired another moderator and notified my firearms department, Wiltshire, by e mail and had an acknowledgement back, almost by return, that they have received it and will update my details accordingly.
    How about that for efficiency Well done Wiltshire.
    From some of the horror stories I read/hear of from other authorities, it makes me appreciate how lucky we are in Wiltshire.

I do all my notifications via email.

Variations on the other hand.....

Sent mine off to the MET 2 days ago, got a call yesterday saying bring in your old ticket and we will swap it. Thats pretty efficient, but then again they know me very well and always process my request super fast

yep been doing mine with herts for about 4 years now, its simple I get a read receipt and acknowledgement back simple. They like it as the person at the pc can then input the data directly. No envelopes to open, lost in the post or in the filing tray and I can proove its been sent and received. Very simple and effective

Have emailed a few to Gloucestershire but have only ever rec'd 1 acknowledgement back. Now I drop any paperwork in at the front desk as I pass by at least 6 times a week.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    I do, when I sell/buy

I always ask for a receipt acknolagement from them, if nothing heard for a day or two, I'll then phone and chase up.

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

i,ve now sent 3 emails to south yorks about land clearence over 4 weeks and not heard a thing back from them, so will keep doing things by recorded delivery with them.
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Quote Originally Posted by baconbuttie View Post
    Have emailed a few to Gloucestershire but have only ever rec'd 1 acknowledgement back. Now I drop any paperwork in at the front desk as I pass by at least 6 times a week.
    though this makes perfect sense it doesn't create a paper trail if you ever need it. Unless of course you get them to sign an acknowledgement when you make the delivery,

Do all mine via email with Notts. I always put a read receipt on it and i get that back conformed. I never get a written reply. Not sure if they would do one if I didn't use read receipt. And I ALWAYS print off hard copies of both notification and read receipt ........just incase :o)

Hampshire do email notifications also. Responce pretty much by return. Much more efficient.

I've been e-Mailing for a while. I usually turn all the details into a .pdf and attach it to a very brief covering e-mail. I was a little disappointed to speak to someone the other day who said she was waiting for the e-Mail to be printed off. For reporting of transactions, I phone to get confirmation that the e-mail has been received. Regards JCS