olympic security

derek.snr

quite happy the army are doing security at the olympics --g4s will just employ students asylum seekers and eastern europeans -profit before security -hope they go bust

quite happy the army are doing security at the olympics --g4s will just employ students asylum seekers and eastern europeans -profit before security -hope they go bust

What about the poor squaddies
who have had summer leave cancelled, can't take time off with the kids, have had to cancell their holidays etc?
No overtime or anything for them, just cheap labour for anyone, firemen, ambulance drivers, now G4s.
Politician's should be ashamed, just told 20 000 of them to pick up a P45!

Last edited:
do feel sorry for the squaddies ,the current cutbacks are a disgrace.my point is as least the job will be done properly,instead of by a load of deadbeats .we should be paying the army 50m for the security not g4s

They won't pay the army and G4 will still get the contracts as I'll wager that you will find MP's are on the board of G4 somewhere.

who have had summer leave cancelled, can't take time off with the kids, have had to cancell their holidays etc?
No overtime or anything for them, just cheap labour for anyone, firemen, ambulance drivers, now G4s.

and most of the squaddies have either just come back from Afghan or will be going as soon as the Olympics is over. We have families too and we like to see them sometimes but the people in high places earning the mega bucks seem to forget this.

Last edited:
Another string to the bow of the soldier .Fireman Bin man Ambulance driver, Security guard, another british government brush off the troops can do it were paying them anyway .

They have known all along these games were going to take place, why was this not put in to perspective a long time ago, i had to laugh last night with the 6pm news there were war planes flying over london and a war ship in the Thames to protect the games from terriost threats ,what a joke .

We must be a laughing stock.

Oh the Olympic Committee are not laughing just counting their ill gotten gains along with the turn coat and traitor Coe.

I'll bet he has done rather nicely thank you.

Not forgetting that plenty had there Easter Leave cancelled due to the Fuel Strike threats....Needing to train etc....

So
Easter-Cancelled
Summer- Cancelled
Only Christmas to go......Any national employer fancy a break? Postie? (I like Posties, just using as an example, 'cos you are very busy at that time of year;) ).

It's all very well being told, "You will get your leave, don't worry, we'll just need to fit it in at another time....."

That's all very well and good, but why would you wan't leave when the kids are back in school, your wife has taken her leave already over the summer holidays?

The hits just keep on coming.

TJ

You just wish the Service Chiefs would have the Niagaras to tell them, "Fine, we'll make x hundred bodies available from this base in Germany, and y thousand from these other ones. Cyprus and the Falklands per this list, and contingents from the various garrisons in the UK per list number three. Nominal rolls will be supplied in 72 hours. All you've got to do is:

Get them to where you want them
House them
Feed them (sorry we cant send cooks, remember when you made us out-source so much catering?)
Provide their medical cover (sorry, we're even having to call up TA medics to cover Afghanistan)
Arrange their welfare facilities, including emergency compassionate stuff
Provide laundry, repair, and re-supply of clothing and equipment
Provide banking services
Get them back to us when you're done

So just tell us when you want the various contingents lined up ready on their respective MT squares, and when we'll get them back"

Don't see that happening

As I remember, using the army is called MACP "Military Aid to the Civil Population" and unfortunately for the squaddies involved, it is part of the army job description or mandate.

Saying that, when I was jn the army, and had to be 'one of the bods on the ground' at the expense of my own well deseved leave, I wasn't particularly happy (!) but still got kn with it in a professional manner.

G4S should have all of their national contracts voided (prison service etc) and be forced to ckmpensate any soldier involved, financially at the very least.

Call me synicle but the government (Theresa May) home secretary is cutting public sector resources police, armed forces, etc. these short falls are being filled by private security (G4S) could this be due to the number of shares Philip John May has in that company - spooky that's The home secretary's husband !
Draw your own conclusions

Wingy

:tiphat:... Bloody disgrace

All in All another fab Job, we should all be so proud! :zzz::zzz:

They will all do nicely out of it anyway, cause that's the way it is! (searching for a vomit symbol)

I run a Private Security Company employing 300 Licensed Operatives.

We are Governed by the Security Industry Authority.

Anyone Carrying out Door Supervision, Manned Guarding, Security Guarding etc must be SIA Licensed.

The Training and Licensing can vary from £400 to £800 per employee.

The SIA visited us in March and made us sign a document promising to be compliant during the period of the Olympics. (We are always Compliant anyway).

Then they announce this "The Private Security Industry Act 2001 gives the Secretary of State powers to exempt from the licensing requirements those people who, though engaged in security duties, are subject to suitable alternative arrangements.Two such exemptions are set out in the Private Security Industry Act 2001 (Exemption) (Olympics Security) Regulations 2012. The regulations apply for the period from 1 March 2012 to 30 September 2012 to cover the preparation, the actual Games and the decommissioning period of the London Olympics"

So in other words, we must be licensed but G4S has a complete exemption for the Olympics meaning they can pick up hundreds of bodies at the Job Centres and put them straight to work with no License.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
I run a Private Security Company employing 300 Licensed Operatives.

We are Governed by the Security Industry Authority.

Anyone Carrying out Door Supervision, Manned Guarding, Security Guarding etc must be SIA Licensed.

The Training and Licensing can vary from £400 to £800 per employee.

The SIA visited us in March and made us sign a document promising to be compliant during the period of the Olympics. (We are always Compliant anyway).

Then they announce this "The Private Security Industry Act 2001 gives the Secretary of State powers to exempt from the licensing requirements those people who, though engaged in security duties, are subject to suitable alternative arrangements.Two such exemptions are set out in the Private Security Industry Act 2001 (Exemption) (Olympics Security) Regulations 2012. The regulations apply for the period from 1 March 2012 to 30 September 2012 to cover the preparation, the actual Games and the decommissioning period of the London Olympics"

So in other words, we must be licensed but G4S has a complete exemption for the Olympics meaning they can pick up hundreds of bodies at the Job Centres and put them straight to work with no License.

Unbelievable.

jobs for the boys or rather more cash for the old school network of boys

G4, in it's various guises, has f####d up EVERY contract it's ever had. Prisoner transport? A shambles! Yarls Wood. The prisons. Why do people carry on giving them contracts when it's a fair bet that the "super duper, lowest of the low" price will mean that they can't deliver the required performance?

Back