what clothing?

gez.308

i am going boar shooting in germany at the end of october and regulary go deer stalking in north Wales, currently wear sherwood forest gear as it was cheaper than some stuff out there but im fed up of not having a hood! i'm thinking about spending a bit more money and getting some better gear, i like the look of the harkila pro hunter range but have just came across outfox, just wondering what anyones opinions are on these or anything else you would recommed.

cheers.

i am going boar shooting in germany at the end of october and regulary go deer stalking in north Wales, currently wear sherwood forest gear as it was cheaper than some stuff out there but im fed up of not having a hood! i'm thinking about spending a bit more money and getting some better gear, i like the look of the harkila pro hunter range but have just came across outfox, just wondering what anyones opinions are on these or anything else you would recommed.

cheers.

I get on well with the deer hunter kit, dry, warm and quiet! For trousers I recently purchased a pair of stealth gear ones and they are brilliant with plenty of pockets, bone dry after crawling around in boggy areas and at only £85 not to expensive! They also have knee pads and all of the stress areas are reinforced, if you do go for them go for a size bigger than usual as they are a little snug :)

depending on your budget,theres a cracker on ebay now item no:120948352459 if you get it for 250-300,bloody good show,ye cant beat swazi..!!!

What sort of boar hunting are you doing. Sitting or driven. Germany end of October should not be to cold. Sitting, i like my pro hunter and I'm a great lover of Swazi underlayers. If you are going driven boar wear light weight clothing like wind proof fleece. Believe me you don't want restrictice heavy clothing when shooting driven game. Swazi 4x4 wind proof trouser are great as is swazi wind proof jacket. Keep the wind out and you don't need heavy clothing.

we are driven shooting for 2 days and then stalking for another 2 days. good stuff, i've got a musto windstopper fleece which should be good, thanks for the advice.

Back