New 'Primos Trigger Stick' Opinions & Experiences

Krabryn

Does anyone have experience of this new bipod or tripod? Is it quiet when adjusting? Is it quick to set as claimed?

Cheers, K

Had a promos tripod for a short while now. I find it good for standing shots easy and no noise, but to long for sitting position,it could do with more adjustment to get it lower. I probably should of saved my money and went to B&Q for a couple of bean poles for a fraction of the price !!! . Danny.

It seems ok, but my only experience is clients bring 1.
To me seem heavy and noisy when people are not used to carry it.
Sure it will serve the purpose but I find twin sticks are fine when used propley and any more legs just complicates things massively.
Just my opinion.
If you are going to be in 1 spot for a very long time maybe even quad sticks but i hate them more.

A number of clients have them and generally like them.

Issues tend to echo the above - quite heavy, adjustment range is limited - as to how low they'll go and takes significant practise/ effort to avoid unwanted clatter.

On plus side - a lot better made than many of the production sticks I see and lightning fast to adjust.

Personally, will keep my B & Q sticks and Robertson kit.

Had a promos tripod for a short while now. I find it good for standing shots easy and no noise, but to long for sitting position,it could do with more adjustment to get it lower. I probably should of saved my money and went to B&Q for a couple of bean poles for a fraction of the price !!! . Danny.

Had mine for about a year now. Would mirror comment much of what the Tree Doc says. Fortunately though, brought mine back from the States where I got it cheap. Its quality kit, but like everything, has its limitations. It does have the advantage of speed and single handed operation.

Good kit in my opinion. A good skoosh of wd40 in the joints kills most noise and as for claterring,use rubber around each leg... same as any other stick? :confused:

fraser

Back