Harvest about to start!!!

Cyres

Looks like we could be in action early next week. Barley sprayed off onTues, needs 5 days. However ground conditions are very bad, heavy soil is so wet, never seen it so bad. Also straw is so long, 1/2 way up a roe neck. So we might get to sort some of the foxes, roe and munties, however like all best laid plans, what going to go wrong?

D

Everywhere still green as green here they r cutting the hay today so I will mooch round tonight when I come back from stalking ,got one of the worse jobs a dog owner has to do this afternoon so not looking forward to that :(
Norma

Yes mate she's gone now with my others down at my flight pond .
we will pass her on every shoot day and she will hear the guns miss the teal as they converge above her .

Cheers doug

Everywhere still green as green here they r cutting the hay today so I will mooch round tonight when I come back from stalking ,got one of the worse jobs a dog owner has to do this afternoon so not looking forward to that :(
Norma

Sorry for your loss.

on my permission he has mowned grass in 1 of fields so been up with rifle tonight after charlie and dint see none!!!! but got a squirrel and a crow

The combines started Tuesday around here, I've had 60 acres of barley taken off and next weeks looking promising.

Nothing here yet but wont be long on the lighter land.
Heard of a sprayer getting stuck spraying off, took x2 big tractors to pull it out.
That was on carr soil.

Things are desperate in the midlands. The silage has only just been cut and the rape has only just been sprayed:(
The birds are in the pens now and we have not been able to get on top of the fox population:scared:
I just hope we get away with it.

Daz.

I was out until after dark last night, and all you could hear was tractors, combines and bale-wrappers working away. Oh, and the sound of foxes being shot...

Barley yield is terrible just about 1 ton acre so farmer not happy. Ground v wet, no straw baled as yet so foxing difficult. Grass being cut everywhere, too much to get arround, foxs wary and just plain lucky.

Tempeted fate with my original post but may be for new topic when we get issue resolved, so shooting one very productive area now on hold.

Rape due to be cut Monday onwards so that will stir things up, expect we will see giraffes as it is so tall, going to be a pig to shoot as the stuble will be v tall, incompatible with high speed ballistic tips.

Such is life.

D

Back