Stalkers Forum and Countryside Evening - 5th September in Aberdeenshire

Virbius

A Stalkers and Countryside evening is been organised by the BDS with support from the Scottish Countryside Alliance for the evening of 5th September 2012.

It is being held at the Lochter Activity Centre in Oldmeldrum, Aberdeenshire and will involve two presentations together with a sporting auction, head measuring and some side attractions intended to relieve people of their hard earned cash in the form of sporting items such as scopes and binoculars.

More information will be made available as the itinerary is confirmed.

You do not have to be a member of either organisation to attend, so please put it in your diary for an interesting evening and to meet other like minded people.

Yep, I'll be going to that for sure, checked my dates and I'll be home. Nice to see something not too far away for a change.
Bryan

Unless I'm teaching an evening class I'll head along, I'll mention it to some of my shooting buddies too.

Cheers

Jon

View attachment 18830

Just 2 days to go until the SCA and BDS Stalkers and Countryside evening in Aberdeenshire.

Lochter Activity Centre, Oldmeldrum
Aberdeenshire, AB51 0DZ

Wednesday 5[SUP]th[/SUP] September 2012

7 pm for 7.30 pm

There are some exciting sporting auction lots to bid on, including deer stalking, salmon fishing, clay shooting and buthcery courses.

Come and listen to some informative speakers about deer management and wildlife, and don't forget to bring your gold-medal trophy head and have it measured.

All welcome, members or not.

V - we - and this time its the 'real' we; me, John & Gary - are going to try to be there.

Looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting some new faces. Obviously, we'll try to ensure John has his 'medicine' before taking him 'public' :D

Virbius

Unfortunately I have been called away offshore this week and will now not manage your event tomorrow evening: apologies. :(

Hope you get a good turn out and that the night goes well... Im sure it will be a great night.

I would certainly be interested in coming along to any other BDS, SCA nights in Grampian in the future.

Best Regards

CVK

Thanks for all the support and for those who go along I hope you have a good evening.
CVK: I too had a late business call and am currently typing this in the BA lounge at Heathrow on the way back to Aberdeen, so will actually miss it too. :cry: :doh:

There will certainly be more events in the future which will be promoted on the excellent SD.
Regards
V

It was a good evening - thanks to the organisers. Good to meet some old friends and make a couple of new ones.

There were some great auction lots. A great session with Callum Fergusson went to a guy I know - so I'm sending him a 'Bore snake' T Shirt to wear for the day....

Some interesting topics were brought up by the speakers - I'll post on that over on the Shooting Organisation thread.

Glad we went and will go again if we can.

Thanks MO,

Really disappointed that I couldn't make it, but I have been reliably informed that it was a good turnout with some lively debate and well-received speakers.

A big thank you to the speakers and also to all the benefactors for the incredibly generous donations given to the sporting auction.

Finally to all those who attended which genuinely made the evening - another huge thank you to you.

Some exciting discussions this morning on follow-up events in the region, so watch this space!
V

Back