3 of my breeding stags

cyberstag

Taken 4 days ago, one other stag has already cleaned velvet and been de-antlered.

Attachments

• Devon 066.jpg
    Devon 066.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 224
The youngest looking one (Yellow ear tag) looks very nice.

Not so keen on the other two dont really like the down turned tines, are you not bothered about this or will you try to remove this trait from your herd.

Just asking for interest (btw)

Some magnificent Stags there, youngster on the left looks a good one for the future.

How old is he 4 or 5?

The chap in the centre is a cracker, personally i like the outriggers add to the character. He must have 18kg of antler on board!

Thanks for posting.
Atb
Moses

Thanks for the comments guys, Dracul, the one on the left is 9 years old and was measured at 508 SCI 2 years ago. Beryx in the middle is 8 years old and his cut off antlers were 17.5 kilos last year. Sorin on the right is 6 years. They are all Romanian stags and I am breeding mostly for body size; I do like good antlers but they are a secondary consideration. The heaviest of them is 340 kilos.
We have a handling system with a hydraulic crush where we can de-antler easily and also weigh.
The Romanian stags are slower to reach maturity than English stags and generally have simpler heads. Their main value is as sires to produce first cross progeny which are often better than both parents. If you look at the world record heads produced in NZ you will see in the pedigrees that the famous English parks and Eastern european bloodlines are heavily involved.

Fantastic John, they look in great shape. Nice to see Dracul still going so strong! :cool:

Alex

Back