Zeiss victory scope help please

willowbank

Hi Im new to stalking and just bought a Zeiss Victory 3-12 x 56 varipoint which I intend to fit to a pre-owned .270 when I find one, question is what rings and what rifle? I need to avoid the rifles that require special rings as I would like to be able to swap scopes between my other rifles.

Any pointers, help, tips, guidance gratefully received.

Regards Willowbank (Kent)

Depends on the rifle what mounts you need. A quick release ring/base system may let you swap the scope without much zero shift. You are going to waste a lot if ammo re-zeroing.

Wait until you have the rifle.

Willobank, why not buy the same brand rifle as one of your existing stock? You will at least know what rings you require. The Victory is a 30mm tube and with the 56mm bell you will require a medium height ring set dependant on makers specs.I have a Diavari fitted to my 06 and find it an excellent piece of glass. Hope this helps.;)

Thanks for the replies chaps, my rifles are all CZ (cheap I know but have done very well for me) so yes it would make sense to stick with a .270 CZ, I noticed a groove running under the scope which made me wonder if I would be looking for dedicated rings but if standard (CZ) 30mm rings are ok then Im a happy bunny.

Regards Willowbank

Morning Jon thanks for the reply, when I try the link it comes up with a google page, could you please post the link again.

Thanks Willowbank

Just type "zeiss rail mount" into the google search box and click the images tag.
Couple of good pics, but for some reason they won't link.

Neil. :)

Hi Willowbank i use leupold QR rings and bases, i take the scope off the rifle before putting in the cabinet, i notice no shift in POA when replaced, the problem with using the scope for various rifles is the distance between the mounts will be different so you will be doing a lot of zeroing, as for make of rifle, that really depends on the depth of your pockets, but for a good all rounder at a reasonable price you wont go far wrong with a tikka t3,
Keep a good lookout on guntrader bargains do come up especially in .270 win
Cheers Geoff

Back