Is autumn coming early this year?

Mulac

I have noticed over the last week there is an awful lot of leaves lying on the ground which I thought could have been due to the heavy rain we have been having. However last night about 10pm a skein of geese flew over the house which is about a month early if they are migrants and not just local ones.

Am I just being pessimistic or has anyone else noticed signs of autumn?

Mulac

agreed. on sunday morning I was out and got the 'first day of the autumn is here' feeling. summer's over..eh,,,what summer?..suss.:-|

Not just me then - felt the same way yesterday morning, certainly had an autumnal feel about it.

roll on winter !

i love it , you know where you are if your wearing long jons !

you can beat a good sub zero frost in a high seat waiting for reds to appear in the morning gloom .

One thing I will be glad to see the back of is the midges!! However it would be nice to see and feel a warm sun for at least a few days.......Mulac

Just spent the last three days in Winchester. Had to go and get some after sun from the supermarket. I believe it is to be warmer tomorrow!!!!!!
Back to Siberia for the weekend.

Correct, normally June drop of fruit but my plum tree appears to sheeding leaves at an alarming rate, esp since I cut the lawn. Weather does seem to be swinging from extremes at present but a distinct early Sept feel at present.

D

Went to look for some cherries yesterday and they have all gone and the trees leaves are turning and starting to drop. Also noticed that the blackberries are starting to fill out and are already about half grown.

Remember, this is comming from a person that lives in a place where the high has been over 90% and the low above 75% for the last three months. I've always wondered why you don't have 'The Open' in the summer??? hehe capt david

About a week ago i was out in the garden in the evening and it had a real Autumnal feel. Roe buck hunting starts in a couple of weeks and we get our first frosts in September. Luverly:D

Back