Thread: Hello from Ramsgate Kent

Hello from Ramsgate Kent

I'm new to deer stalking, I have taken part in a scheme in Scotland whereby I helped with land management in return for stalks and it was very rewarding. So much so that I have decided to get a rifle and look into my DSC1. I continue to be a member of this scheme and look forward to my return visit in November.
    I have applied for an FAC and the calibre I have chosen is .243.
    I have joined this forum to see what people have to say about various topics and to glean knowledge about stalking.

Welcome to the forum, Ramsgate is a part of the world I know very well. Unfortunatly it is about as far away from any wild deer population as you can get.

But going to Scotland makes up for this I am sure.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Hi Andrew, welcome! Im also very familiar with Ramsgate.. worked down there for 2 years, flying the little red and white coastguard plane. Great times.. what you lack in wild deer population you make up for in sea fishing!!

Hi Andrew,

If you are new to shooting generally, I can fully recommend joining the Deal and district rifle club for getting practise on your breathing. I was a member for 25 years before I went to Germany and one of the members Is a ramsgate resident.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses