I spy a CWD!

Beowulf

Hi all,
Today I saw some Chinese Water Deer, My first sighting of these funny little deer. I drive a lorry so I'm always on the look out for deer as I'm going about my rounds. I drove past Woburn Abbey and saw three CWD over the wall. I thought well that doesn't count they are captive. Five minutes later I see another one picking its way around the edge of a ploughed field this side of the estate wall. My drivers mate said "I bet you wish you had your gun?"
I explained that, that was poaching and that just to see a chink for the first time was reward enough. :D

Made my day it did :D :D

congrats to another first beowulf BUT they taste even better having a CWD steak tonight from the last one i shot delicious

You lucky sod! I'll be dining out on teeth and splintered jaw bone! :eek: The denist is adamant that my problem teeth are coming out today! Heartless butcher, I'm trying to prepare for my Scotland trip at the end of the week! :evil:

Stone do you get out much on the CWD's?

i hav been twice and shot five so i am very lucky but am planning to go after christmas as my job does not give me any time of till then

i hope yor mouth calms down a bit before your week of pain starts but i got home tonight to find idid not hav CWD steak my other half not feeling to well thought they were wild boar steaks and didi not fancy that so she put them away and got out (yes you guessed it) wild boar steaks
when i told her she gave me both steaks and they were fantastic
RESULT
yes kent i know an indelible pen and big letters, she just had a blonde moment and blamed it on me

Hi Stone,
I had my teeth drilled in the end to release the pressure from the absess. The teeth come out after my Scottish trip. :D Lucky escape!
Wild Boar, yum sounds nice!
I've just watched Hugh Fearnley's fish program. Farm you own carp! I'm off to dig a pond in the garden. :D

No furniture polish. :lol: I'm really getting into more unusual foods. I want to hunt or produce more of what i eat, balls to tescos!

best hire a mini digger saves the back you will need all your strength keeping the the herons at bay

I did a stint as a water baliff. The best bit of the job was shooting the cormorants. (DEFRA approved of course).

Hi Griff, Bloody things! We just buried them. They killed or injured rather alot of prize carp. Couldn't shoot the herons unfortunately, they also did alot of damage. I've seen the light now, fishing is rather boring compared to stalking. :D

Beowulf, I can think of many better things to produce than carp. I have farmed them for the last 15 years and can honestly say that the Polish are welcome to them. Hugh did a fine job of making them look tasty but I was not convinced! I would prefer to eat the cormorant I think.
How is the breath after having the abcess vented off!! :p

Hi Andy,
The breath is fine, Doesn't smell like I've been eating the gralloch anymore! I think you are right, its just another brainstorm I had. I don't think I will get around to digging a pond. I'm that busy right now I'm having trouble keeping up with my PM's and emails and phone calls from members of this site. Thank you all for your help advice and stalking opportunities. I'm very interested in any help offered. But with my teeth saga and Scotland and work I'm snowed under.
'BUT THANK YOU ALL'

Beowulf said:
Hi Griff, Bloody things! We just buried them. They killed or injured rather alot of prize carp. Couldn't shoot the herons unfortunately, they also did alot of damage. I've seen the light now, fishing is rather boring compared to stalking. :D

We're not allowed to shoot either cormorants or herons but strange to say that quite a few have nasty accidents!

Paul,
Cormorants are quite nervous birds and I find that they often have a heart attack if a shot goes off close to them!!

gooseanders are a nightmare aswell.alot of the waters i go around on my job get hammered by them in the winter months.they come in just as it comes light.

Back