Roe Rut Scottish Borders

Von

Any signs chaps? I was out all weekend no signs what's so ever, it was a tad cold i must say though. Need a weather change i think.

Anybody else seen anything happening in the borders?

Hi

Yes lots of activity in the Tweed Valley. I was watching several bucks fighting / chasing and actually saw a buck cover a doe. I have had three in the last few days so definitely well under way.

Alan

Any signs chaps? I was out all weekend no signs what's so ever, it was a tad cold i must say though. Need a weather change i think.

Anybody else seen anything happening in the borders?

Hi Allan yes the rut has started saw evidence last week several circles or figure of eight trample down in the cover.

Jimbo

certainly looked in evidence 2 weeks ago.
shot a buck that only presented itself after darting in to the woods and then chasing the doe out again.

we were standing out on a margin in full view when it came in to 20-25yds chasing the doe, oblivious to our presence

It must be happening all around me then, or has happened! iv'e seen nothing, nor have my mates in and around Selkirk / Hawick area. I must have seen at least ten does at the weekend not one with a buck.

Time yet though hopefully!!

seen two bucks today chasing doe"s well into it now around me just west of the peebles,
of to perthshire tonight to see whats happening up there

It must be happening all around me then, or has happened! iv'e seen nothing, nor have my mates in and around Selkirk / Hawick area. I must have seen at least ten does at the weekend not one with a buck.

Time yet though hopefully!!

Its all gonna kick off big time friday night , I can feel it in my water !!

:D

see you soon mate ,
Rodge

seen a buck chasing doe in a field by the green barn [newcastleton] last friday and only in one part of are woods where the does getting chased over the weekend. i shot a young buck sunday morning he was nervous kept looking back for the big buck i saw there the morning before

was in perthshire last rut in progress there seen 2 big bucks chasing does shot another that was thinking about it but he had a crap head so he got it, called a couple of yearling bucks and a few does to with in 5 yards.

Back