The 19th hole

Had a bit of a dry spell lately been out a fair bit but just not connected with deer ....that's stalking ,I have had a few encounters with them and other wildlife ie a young buzzard first flight from the nest and knackered so I put him on a fence post to dry out and a young fox last night .
after a tip off from my stalking buddy that some rape had been cut next to a golf course I stalk I decided the olympics was getting dull and headed off the few miles for a look with the 6.5 .
on arrival I spotted several foxes already hunting the stubble but no deer ,I walked along a fairway to the end of the double hedge boundary and set up the sticks looking all the way down the hedge and stubble .
as soon as I looked up two muntjac came from a patch of uncut rape left as it was on boggy ground and headed for the hedge ,I moved position and set up again giving a peep or two on the call ,nothing untill a young fox came out the rape ,she was coming to me and got to about 6 ft and still coming ,trying to get my phone out was not happening and she was about a ft away when I saw the first munty exit the hedge .
well the fox exploded as soon as I moved and I promtly got a bead on the buck ans as the stubble was high had to shoulder him,with the shot the doe came out and after a shuffle I managed to connect with her too ,I left the gralloch for the foxes and loaded up for the trip back glad I took the roe sack !
back home by ten and in the chiller,a great night at the golf and thanks graham for the heads up .
regards Norma

Had a bit of a dry spell lately been out a fair bit but just not connected with deer ....that's stalking ,I have had a few encounters with them and other wildlife ie a young buzzard first flight from the nest and knackered so I put him on a fence post to dry out and a young fox last night .
after a tip off from my stalking buddy that some rape had been cut next to a golf course I stalk I decided the olympics was getting dull and headed off the few miles for a look with the 6.5 .
on arrival I spotted several foxes already hunting the stubble but no deer ,I walked along a fairway to the end of the double hedge boundary and set up the sticks looking all the way down the hedge and stubble .
as soon as I looked up two muntjac came from a patch of uncut rape left as it was on boggy ground and headed for the hedge ,I moved position and set up again giving a peep or two on the call ,nothing untill a young fox came out the rape ,she was coming to me and got to about 6 ft and still coming ,trying to get my phone out was not happening and she was about a ft away when I saw the first munty exit the hedge .
well the fox exploded as soon as I moved and I promtly got a bead on the buck ans as the stubble was high had to shoulder him,with the shot the doe came out and after a shuffle I managed to connect with her too ,I left the gralloch for the foxes and loaded up for the trip back glad I took the roe sack !
back home by ten and in the chiller,a great night at the golf and thanks graham for the heads up .
regards Norma
nice one mate, great when it comes together regards biker1

P5280203.jpgP6060206.jpg
young buzzard fair sized doe

no picture of the fox i'm afraid but you have all seen one of them ,she was a really crackin fox and the golf club owner likes them to keep the rabbits down so i dont shoot them unless they are mangey .someone else shoots the rabbits i just get left the deer :hind:

norma

nice story doug, i bet that made up for the rainy days and not being able to get out.
had a couple of foxes myself last week, and cant wait for the combine to fire up !!

Back