Thread: Laser surgery and night vision

Laser surgery and night vision

Evening all,

I've noticed a couple of threads from members stating that they have had their eyes lasered. I have considered this myself but have been put off by tales of night vision being impaired. I think this may possibly relate to 'old' laser technology though. I'd be really interested in comments from members who have had surgery and whether they have noticed a deterioration in their night vision.

Best regards,

Mauser M03.

my night vision is fine, the only failing I have is in poor light, when I find I have to make a concious effort to focus on objects at differing ranges. in truth this was probably already the case before I had my eyes lasered. its strange, but once the light goes below a given point the problem goes away? the main problem I have heard of is "haloing" around bright lights, and I have none of that.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Interesting; thanks for the response kennyc.

I thought about this about a year ago and discussed this with my optician who said "For some eye problems you may require glasses even after corrective laser eye surgery. I and many of the opticians I know wear glasses/contact lenses, none have had corrective laser surgery. What does that tell you?" Granted there may be some self centred business interest there but I stuck with glasses.