Just a Heads up on the best pullover I have ever used

I have just bought a brand new one from the Austrian Army Surplus store and fantastic it is too.
Patches on the shoulders and elbows and the wool is really thick and a tight knit too.
The only trouble is it is far too small. I bought their largest, a 111 which was supposed to be equivilant to a 48" chest but I reckon it is nearer a 42" !! I managed to get it on but it was tighter than my wife's basque !!! so it is going back in the next few days.
I sourced mine from the Austrian supplier at a very good price compared to the UK supplier but it isn't worth it if it doesn't fit !!!!

Last edited:
I ordered the one in the original post as well, collect from the PO today. I'm pleased to hear they are titchy as it's a 48" and I'm more like a 40"!

I have just bought a brand new one from the Austrian Army Surplus store and fantastic it is too.
Patches on the shoulders and elbows and the wool is really thick and a tight knit too.
The only trouble is it is far too small. I bought their largest, a 111 which was supposed to be equivilant to a 48" chest but I reckon it is nearer a 42" !! I managed to get it on but it was tighter than my wife's basque !!! so it is going back in the next few days.
I sourced mine from the Austrian supplier at a very good price compared to the UK supplier but it isn't worth it if it doesn't fit !!!!

Want to sell it rather than send it back? I reckon it might fit me, and as it happens I'll be passing through your part of the world this weekend. PM me if interested.

Yep, picked mine up and would agree its more like a 42" chest but a 32" waist! Bit odd but I presume it's to stop it riding up your back and keep you nice and snug.

I'm really impressed with the quality, it's quite itchy but I couldn't believe the weight of it, 1.3kg! Just need some cold weather now, roll on February pigeon shooting!

Want to sell it rather than send it back? I reckon it might fit me, and as it happens I'll be passing through your part of the world this weekend. PM me if interested.
I have seven days to notify them of my intention to return it but so far they haven't acknowledged my e mail telling them of my intentions.
So if you are passing near me at the week-end give me a bell and I'll let you see it before you decide.
Do you know Amesbury ? it's just off the a303 not far from Stonehenge.

They built it near the A303 to try and catch passing trade ;)
The elders reckoned they were not making enough use of the Altar Stone and if sacrifices tailed off they might have to go in recession :D

I have seven days to notify them of my intention to return it but so far they haven't acknowledged my e mail telling them of my intentions.
So if you are passing near me at the week-end give me a bell and I'll let you see it before you decide.
Do you know Amesbury ? it's just off the a303 not far from Stonehenge.

You have PM.

You have PM.
Well I must say this site has come up trumps again.:thumb:
As a result of a 'PM' I made arrangements to meet Tim as he passed through my area.
He is now the proud owner of a really good thick jumper and I have leaned to read any foreign adverts a little bit more closely.
So at the end of the day and as a result of this site,there are now two satisfied members.

PS added just after I've had my tea.
Not only did I get cash for the pulli but was given some plums too of which I have just had some for 'afters' very nice they were too:)

Last edited:
Well that makes me happy, this is what it is all about.
I have lived by this rule all my adult life / to help people if you can, without asking or expecting for anything in return thats the buzz I get and as long as you are not getting the pee taken out while helping, which I have become pretty good at sussing out over the years. I am too old to change my habits now.
Enjoy the pulli.
Martin

Just brought one of these jumpers and have got to agree they are the dogs. The high collar's going to be good for keeping the wind off the back of the head. Just need some cold weather now

There are more than 10x available but only in size M (not for me) but then I already have one.
They are absolutly the dogs danglys while out on a cold high seat, I have never been cold in my torso since using it and they are very comfortable to wear too.
This about what I paid in 2005.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/osterr-Bunde...190607742464?pt=Militaria&hash=item2c611b5600
Regards
Martin

I order from this place http://www.bw-discount.de/contents/de/d62_stiefel-schuhe_01.html quite a bit. Comparable to ebay prices and sometimes easier...
Where are you in Bavaria?

Postleitzahl 92363.
I have Just started a new project in Amberg, so am on the road a lot.
Had a treibjagd day here yesterday lots of walking, no boars and six hares but a good day was had by all, the drinking/food/singing session in the pub afterwards was magic.
Martin

Wife is from Passau and we always stop at Mcdonalds and esso next to you on the trips..... I may be looking for a job at the hohenfels training area soon....
We are at the edge of the Rhön just outside schweinfurt....

Back