Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shooting gold medal

shooting gold medal

congrats to peter wilson for winning gold in the double trap
    kept it together well to hold off the opposition regards pete .

Nice one, I wonder if they will make as big a deal of it as the other 2 for cycling and rowing?

I do hope so
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Just been watching that online: first time I've ever seen shooting sports on TV, on the main channel too! Did you see how they had high-speed cameras filming the pellets flying into the clays in slow-motion? Amazing! And I liked the fluorescent disco-powder in the clays too. Anyway, that should gain shooting sports a bit of positive media coverage for a bit!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    A thrilling final, all the more so because the only way I could follow it was via the live text updates on the BBC website!

A great performance.

Here's hoping he gets the same coverage as has been shown of other gold medal winners.

O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Yep, good to watch and I will be watching how it's reported very closely, lets see if the young man gets his face on a stamp etc - I hope he gets equal treatment to the other golds
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Just found this when looking around the BBC site
    I wonder if they'll be looking for volunteers to sort the fox problem out............
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Well done Peter!

What a good result and a fantastic bit of coverage for the sport. Lets hope it is shouted about from the rooftops.

+1 For all the above great for the sport and great for the publicity

Great result, but i fear that he won't get quite the same coverage seeing as i just heard some "news" reader on Radio one describe his shotgun as a rifle...

I doubt he'd get a 188 trying to shoot trap with a rifle!

I wish they would actually read up a little about some sports before reporting on them.

Well done Mr Wilson, be nice to see your face on a stamp!

Listened to it on the radio. Silver for Sweden