My Trophy Kudu Bull 2008

Amberdog

Hopefully this has worked and you can see my Kudu bull taken in south africa with Umlilo safaris in october 2008 :D :D :D
KuduTrophyBullUmliloSafaris2008.jpg

What a trip got the bug now

Amberdog

The Eastern Cape Kudu are a smaller species than the Greater Kudu - but that one has gorgeous symmetry and lovely ivory tips.

You must be a happy bloke!

Rgds Ian

Amberdog

Blimey! What a monster - you must be delighted. Interested to read more of your experiences on safari. I've thought of doing something similar but never got round to organising it.

willie_gunn

Wow

Wow

What a great picture of a great animal, and the kudu is nice as well!

Thats a heck of a nice kudu, you must be delighted, I am very jealous - I can't wait to go to Africa, another couple years away but pictures like that just make me want to go even more.

Do you have any other pictures to whet all our appetites?

Cheers

Daemon

:D

man that is buitiful animal now i cant wait im off next year after afghan for kudu impala gemsbok and warthog im addicted africa after training with army in kenya last year what a place
well done mate what caliber you use i got and will be using a 7mm08 any advice on bullet choice

I use a 7mm, though it's a Rem Mag. 140gn Nosler Partition. Bullet choice is important. Make sure you use a good quality partition. The Noslers have taken from Eland to Duiker.

Back out there in July and October for some more.

Bear hunting in Canada tomorrow. Off to Heathrow in three hours. Kenya is great. Spent a lot of time there between 1980 and 2000. Haven't been back since then. Just to RSA. Enjoy your safari Gr1ffer.

The Eastern Cape Kudu are a smaller species than the Greater Kudu - but that one has gorgeous symmetry and lovely ivory tips.

You must be a happy bloke!

Rgds Ian

There are only three species of Greater Kudu.

The smallest is T.s.Cottoni from the Chad area, named after Powell - Cotton. Easter Cape Kudu are T.s Strep which are found all across the souther parts of Africa.

Still a nice bull though in the photo, good ivory tips and full 3 curls and kicking out again at the top. I would guess between 55 -57 inches, a real keeper.

Eastern Cape Kudu.
A 48 incher shot with my .300 Win.Mag. and 180gr Nosler Partition bullet at about 200 yds range.
It took one step and fell over.
HWH.

KUDUBULL.jpg

Looking at the two pictures they would appear to be two different sub-species as the face markings are different and the number of stripes on my beast seems to be more numerous.

HWH.

Back