I recently bought a trail camera from the USA, it is a Bushnell model number ending 437C which is a Trophy Cam HD with the low glow flash - i.e. humans can just about see a red glow from the LEDs and deer can probably see the flash. The no glow version is more expensive and I believe it may also be physically larger taking 12 AA batteries as opposed to the 8 mine takes. I prefer something smaller if possible. The Bushnell line is a nightmare as they make a lot of cameras and the only difference to the buyer is the model number the 437C is the 2012 model as it has a faster trigger time and a longer flash range than the 2011 models. I think the 2011 model of the camera I have has a model number ending 436C so if you are buying be sure to check if that faster trigger is important to you. I don't know if the 2012 models have officially made it to the UK yet but for me the faster trigger time, in particular, made it worth bringing a 2012 model from the USA. In the USA these cost about £112, in the UK they cost a LOT more than that - like £200 more.

Anyhow I've now got some deer photos out of it. Unfortunately none were night time photos, though I did get some "transition" photos which I will post below with an explanation.

I think this picture shows the advantage of the fact that Bushnell is supposed to have a very good sensor and a fast trigger time, as you can see this deer is some distance from the camera. among the trees and moving quite rapidly:

This shows that it produces good daytime photos, but what it doesn't show is that there is considerable motion blur on any photos with moving deer. This is clearly down to a slow shutter speed which is probably what gives it such a good flash range at night:

You can see a bit of blur on the legs of this calf for example, but on a deer moving quite fast it can make the picture next to useless which is why I set the camera to take a 3 shot burst as one of the shots usually turns out ok:

Now the transition photos - most cameras have a period in morning and evening when they have, in effect, gone to nighttime mode but there is still a lot of light about. If a camera is in a forest with dense canopy the problem becomes worse and this "transition" period can last for quite a while. During this period the photos often "white out" and various cameras show a range of problems. Anyhow this is a transition period photo. As you can see that faster trigger time really is worth having and on the full size photos you can see that the camera flash fired as you can see the reflection in the deer's eye which you can maybe just see in the photobucket photo:

Now, the following series of photos were taken half an hour after the previous one. As you can see there is still a bit of a "white out" problem but it is much less than with the previous one. I will post all 3 of the 3 shot burst so you can see where the deer is as it isn't easy to spot in the first photo, however once again I think this highlights that the Bushnell sensor works well which is something they are known for:

Hopefully that might be useful to anyone thinking of buying a camera. I'm not really using my as a scouting aid for stalking but rather just as a source of fun in itself. Of course the risk is that it will get stolen and in fact even in the relatively remote location it was placed I have a photo of a person walking past it. Luckily they had the head in the air and appeared to be making good progress and so they didn't notice my camera tied to a tree.