Brady Guncase - refurbishment query

Virbius

I've just bought a gun in a Brady gun case, the case is a bit tired and could do with some refurbishment. I should imagine it is a wooden frame and it has a fabric covering with leather corner and edge reinforcement. It is the fabric that needs attention, it looks as though something wet has been placed on the case plus also some general wear & tear and a bit grubby.

I spoke to Brady in the Midlands who whilst very helpful, unfortunately do not provide refurb services.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience of who could help?

View attachment 18050View attachment 18051View attachment 18052

Last edited:
My leather and oak rifle case has been recently serviced / repaired and has come back like brand new, if you would like her number PM me and I shall send you a contact number

Atb
Phil

How about an acrylic paint?

Take your time around locks, latches, D-rings and such - but I'd say that it'd be an easy/low impact method with quick results.
You could even mask the above off and use an aerosol can type - but I'd go with a brush or sponge method myself...

Post the AFTER pics, whichever option you go with

How about an acrylic paint?

Take your time around locks, latches, D-rings and such - but I'd say that it'd be an easy/low impact method with quick results.
You could even mask the above off and use an aerosol can type - but I'd go with a brush or sponge method myself...

Post the AFTER pics, whichever option you go with

Thanks Saddler - something I may consider if I don't go the professional route.

A good point Claret_Dabbler, it is only 87 years old after all so a mere youngster...
And it has done a very good job of protecting the gun inside

Back