Ticks

Sako Hunter

Has anyone noticed there seems to be plenty of these around this yr, our ground is on the edge of Langholm moor and ech and evry time I go out I must brush upto a dozen off my clothes, and you always seem to find one locked on somewhere.

I wear gaters to try and stop them getting up my legs and always try and close the cuffs up on my jacket.

Iv'e tried all the repelants but nothing seems to work, anyone got any positive ideas to keep them away?

What methods of eradicating the little buggers are there?

wear a condom number 1.
only have a long sleeved shirt.
I wear high leather boots as the Hungarians do (any SM partys going down?)
Not had a problem in Europe yet.
USA was my Waterloo as I got bit while over there and spent 9 days in a German hospital afterwards, effing horible it was too.
Martin

Rovince clothing. I picked up the trousers and shirt after picking up 4 ticks earlier in the year. Since I got it I have not had a tick. It's fairly expensive but it works.

Thanks guys will look into those, can anyone recommend any suitable repellants. I use Jungle Formula but even that wont deter them.

ROVINCE!!!

Since getting a tick on my foreskin that was it I splashed out and this clothing. It kills them stone dead if they crawl on your rovince layers. They can't get you if they're dead! Not a single tick found crawling above the waist since then bitches :evil:

ROVINCE!!!

Since getting a tick on my foreskin that was it I splashed out and this clothing. It kills them stone dead if they crawl on your rovince layers. They can't get you if they're dead! Not a single tick found crawling above the waist since then bitches :evil:

You changed your tune a bit since the little man got attacked :D

On another subject the web site says good for 80 washes but also good for the garments lifetime!! What is the actual life expectancy of the treatment on the clothes and can it be replaced? Ive a problem area on my shoot and Im thinking this may be the answer, but they will get worn several times a week, work parties, stalking etc. No point in buying them if they only last say a season.....

Nutty

r our ground is on the edge of Langholm moor and ech and evry time I go out I must brush upto a dozen off my clothes, and you always seem to find one locked on somewhere.

I wear gaters to try and stop them getting up my legs and always try and close the cuffs up on my jacket.

Iv'e tried all the repelants but nothing seems to work, anyone got any positive ideas to keep them away?

What methods of eradicating the little buggers are there?[/QUOTE]

Iwas up there today , not a tick or midge to be seen , clear skies and no deer :doh:but still a great part of the country .

What methods of eradicating the little buggers are there?
There is no method of eradicating but proper moorland management can greatly reduce number.

The Rovince clothing is VERY good though, im sitting in a full set of it as I type.

I trialled the Rovince stuff for HIS for a year before they agreed to take it on. Some of the stuff I have Ive never seen for sale but it has the desired effect.

It's the tiny nymphs that I always seem to get (like the size of a speck of pepper). They really take some spotting... Pulled 9 off last night :-|

You changed your tune a bit since the little man got attacked :D

you've no idea what such a violation does to a man, Rovince clothing is not cheap and the idea of spending £100 on a pair of trousers was nuts to me.... until you look down in the morning and there's a mofo looking back at you fully attached.

In honesty though Rovince clothing is very high quality and stands beside Harkila for feel and comfort, but cheaper! And there's a wild boar emblem in gold on the pocket... cool

Back