freelander 2 engine type

Roedinator

Distinguished Member
guys for the petrol heads / mechanics on the site .
can someone tell me what engine powers a 59 plate freelander 2

bmw . transit . tata . or a genuine landrover . or something else ?

regards pete .

Those are Peugeot units I believe.
it was designed under the Ford ownership and as they cannot design engines "as one of their own top men told me personally" so they buy them in from Peugeot and Suzuki
Martin

I have an 08 model, as far as I know this is an engine developed by jaguar / land rover, it is certainly made by them. The defender 2.4 tdci which I also have is a ford engine, the new defenders have the same 2.2 as the freelander...

I have one of these and I believe it is the same engine as Ford use in the transit vans. That is the same transit vans that come past you at over 100mph on the motorway!
Had it for two years now , covered 45K with a lot of off road use and nothing has gone wrong, astonished and delighted.

when did they stop using the self destucting rover Kseries petrol in the poorlander.

paul
And the only people that would call it that are those who have never been in a series 2.

Those are Peugeot units I believe.
it was designed under the Ford ownership and as they cannot design engines "as one of their own top men told me personally" so they buy them in from Peugeot and Suzuki
Martin

Fords cant design engines!!! you're havin a laugh mate, their "top man" was pulling your pl*nker:D

Ian.

The fact i drive a Freelander confirms my confidence in my sexuality. The ones you need to `worry` about are those Defender drivers who feel the need to drive an overtly Butch vehicle and who spend all their time taking their shirts off and getting oily.:D

The fact i drive a Freelander confirms my confidence in my sexuality. The ones you need to `worry` about are those Defender drivers who feel the need to drive an overtly Butch vehicle and who spend all their time taking their shirts off and getting oily.:D

yeah but you dont drive a freelander cos its always breaking down!
:rofl:
Ian.

Considering Ford can`t make Engines they have managed to somehow build 40,000,000 of them at their Dagenham plant.

Yorkie.

Back