Thread: liability insurance

liability insurance

I wonder if anyone could clarify this for me:

I understand that BASC membership comes with insurance. Do I understand correctly? And does this include liability insurance? Ie. if were stalking / bunny controlling, and accidentally shot someone / someone's livestock, would I be covered?

I'm finding it a little hard to disentangle the wording on thier website.

If basic membership does not come with liability insurance, could anyone recommend a good one?

Many thanks.

Just to add, this would be hobby stalking and bunny bashing, not for payment.

Try SACS for insurance. IMO it's a more inclusive package with Legal Expenses covered as well. Included with membership and you can join as a forum member for a very good price.

Yes, the BASC package does offer a very good liablity insurance, I know two people who have been very glad to have it.

Try scottish gamekeeper membership comes with 10 million pounds liability insurance

You're even insured if you kill someone with a bow!

Pretty sure BASC covers most incidents as long as you are within the law not negligentand not doing it as a business.I have a separate insurance that covers me for my pest control business

Great - thanks folks.

Mungo, you would be better advised to speak to BASC direct and ask them rather than rely on third party opinion and comment.

Yes, I've done that and am waiting for a reply.

However, I'd assumed (correctly) that there would be members here who knew what coverage they had.