Thread: What a fantastic month !

What a fantastic month !

What fantastic month it has been , for the first time ive managed to hit the roe rut smack on time ,

ive succsessfully called 8 bucks , 3 of which might go medal , a couple of 'nice' bucks and the rest cull animals and to top it off this one graced us with his presence at dawn this morning.

' The Big'un ' as we've called him because he has eluded us for the last 4 years , always being where you can't shoot him , i could have had a poke at him last year but i had no back stop , but he fell to the call and my good mates rifle .

considering ive only shot 1 buck this rut and have given the rest away does'nt bother me a jott , the experience and the smiles of friends faces means more to me than pulling the trigger 100 times over !!!

the rut is now over in my neck of the woods , this buck was the only one we saw and we seemed to have caught him with his pants down !

we also had a drive around a couple of farms i stalk over and not a buck in sight , in fact didnt even see a doe !

so time to dust the calls and put them away ready for next year .

Attachment 18155
    Last edited by leec6.5; 12-08-2012 at 08:32.

interesting head, with one tine missing and one top point longer than the other
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Leec6.5 i am fortunate like Marksika270 to have a friend like you who has put me onto 2 lovely bucks this rut

He is the keeper on the shoot that i pick up on, this is his way of saying "thank you".......what a great chap he his.....
    He gets as much enjoyment out of getting me the chance of a shot as shooting himself.

Good luck with the Sika

Well done Lee sounds like you have had a good rut and good on you letting your mates have the lion's share, hope you get your deserved sika . DF

Nice one Lee, sounds like you have had a good time!

Still waiting for Rut activity in my woods though I believe bucks have been falling to the call around here. We will be some time behind Norfolk I'm sure.