FAC and S/G apllication in to wiltshire

devin9989

Right here i go i have handed my applications in by hand on friday, by reading past posts i see that wiltshire are a very efficient force when it comes to variations and applications, what i want to know is how long could i be waiting to be contacted for my visit and supposingly i get a date for the visit i take it that all is good with the applications? any info would be appreciated, excuse the spelling i blame this slow computer

cheers devin

Hi Devin

Welcome aboard!

This really depends on how your references come in. From my experience last month, all being well with them, within a couple of days you will be contacted by the FEO. I suspect unless it's vacation time they run the diary perhaps a week ahead.

From the visit to papers on the mat was Friday to Wednesday for me.

However if you have land checks etc I suspect this might take longer.

Wiltshire are on the ball.

awesome, thanks for the info! ill be sure to keep this thread informed on how i get on and how efficient wilts are, anybody else had any experience with wilts?

well i must say i am truely astonished at the speed wilts operate, my FEO has been on leave since my application went in last week, he was back today and got a phonecall at 0930 arranging my appointment for thursday, myself and my wife are first time applicants! Well done wiltshire :)

does anybody have any suggestions for this visit? do's and dont's and any questions i may be asked as well as my wife, we are both applying for a SGC with a shared safe and i am applying for co-termious with 22, .223 and .308 calibres

Try a search of posts in this section of the forum, or have a scroll around. It's been covered on a few occasions IIRC.

Read up on the HO Guidance chapter 13 and good luck with it

If you have written authority from land owners that are willing to let you use the rifles and there is something on the land to shoot and your referees have returned their paperwork, you should have nothing to worry about.
Apart from the security aspect of owning firearms/shotguns the only other thing he will talk about is what and where you are going to shoot.
So if that is covered it will be plain sailing, good luck.

does anybody have any suggestions for this visit? do's and dont's and any questions i may be asked as well as my wife, we are both applying for a SGC with a shared safe and i am applying for co-termious with 22, .223 and .308 calibres

Its ok to share a safe with another SGC holder but you may run into problems if you plan to keep your rifles in a safe to which your wife has access. The FEO should be able to help you out suggesting what precautions would be acceptable - such as trigger locks on the rifles or in extreme case having a separate safe to which she does not have access.

Haha, well I had my visit last Thursday, all went very well! My wife had her certificate through last week and I got my certificates through today! I must say I'm very impressed with the job Wiltshire police have done an amazing job, all in all 3 weeks from posting my applications and my feo was on leave for a week of that :)

It makes you wonder why other counties cant be as switched on doesnt it?

Careful not to gloat.

Good luck.

That's good news! I sent mine off to the MET a week ago and haven't heard back from them yet, but then I don't think they've received all the references yet. I presume they'll call once those come through.

anyways well done wilts and im only conditioned on the 308 to have an experienced stalker with me until i have passed the dsc 1 course, cant argue with that! ;)

Who is classed as an 'experienced stalker'?

I had the same issue with Cheshire, all the Flm could tell me was an estate manager!!!!!!! Needless to say I didn't except the condition and complained to the Superintendant in charge of firearms and the condition was removed!!!

Last edited:
Back