We must be mad

Hi All
My better half has always thought I was stupid and now I'm starting to think she might be right :D

Saturday morning was my only morning off in 4 weeks :eek: and what did I do???? get up at 3.00am and go stalking:p

I got to the first field and spotted a young buck and knowing I said I would shoot one for Morenas request for head and legs on here I gave him a call and he came running down the field and I shot him about forty yards.

DSC01436.jpg

I dropped down to the next field to where I had previously seen my intended target (the origanal reason for the outing) a very high and heavy buck. I sat against a tree and started to call but only had another young buck come in which I left alone I did take a photo but it came out rubbish and I only got a red blur:rolleyes:.

I moved to another field the other side of the wood which felt perfect, out of the wind, sunny and long mowing grass great. I spotted two does and a fawn but now buck so Ihad a call but nothing doing. I was about to leave when I spotted a fawn on its own the other side of the field so thinking to my self I guess mum is with a buck I relocated to the other side of the field not far from the fawn and had another call, I imediatley had a response a buck jumped to his feet out of the grass and took a few strides toward me and stood broadside. The rifle was already on the sticks and I looked at him through the scope and decided he wasnt my intended victim so I had just about decided to leave him when I spotted the extra tine which was a bit different so that so thought bugger it and shot him:D

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

In another field I spotted a nice 6 point buck chasing a doe I went aroound the field to get in the position I wanted and had a call the doe came but the buck had returned to the wood and didnt want to play.

DSC01451.jpg

Never mind a nice morning and two in the bag.

hi wayne..cracking buck and nice pic's,
will get in touch with u soon,if u are still up for a trip to ireland after the sika....
cheers mark..

Hi Mark
Look foward to it mate maybe we can go to Germany the same time so em how its done

Hi Mark, Hi Wayne!
All I say is: NO COMMENT!
You have some cracking grounds to hunt on, you are a seriously true stalker and a good hunter in the best way to think about and ... a true hunting friend!!
Keep it this way, its all about the fun and joy of being out in the fields and woods!!!
See you guys soon, but not the same time, I believe it would kill me....:banghead:

Have a nice evening, I just got in, no boars in the wheat this time, tomorrow morning another try....

Michael

Nice one Wayne good to see your getting out as all work and no play and all that
I wil give you a bell when I get five minutes
cheers jon

Hi Mark, Hi Wayne!
All I say is: NO COMMENT!
You have some cracking grounds to hunt on, you are a seriously true stalker and a good hunter in the best way to think about and ... a true hunting friend!!
Keep it this way, its all about the fun and joy of being out in the fields and woods!!!
See you guys soon, but not the same time, I believe it would kill me....:banghead:

Have a nice evening, I just got in, no boars in the wheat this time, tomorrow morning another try....

Michael

:lol::lol: I new you would see that couldnt resist it :D Bet I'll bloody miss my sheep know after being so cocky;)

Nice photos and write up thanks Wayne. After 4 weeks you would have been mad not to have gone out. Pleased it worked out for you.

Nice one Wayne. Give a shout when you are in Germany in September and i try to visit you if its possible for you and Michael.

Back