Wanted: Wildfowling

DazT

Hi might have left it a bit late BUT has anyone got any availability so i can get a couple of outings in scotland during sep/oct/nov/dec???
Any info via pm please

Cheers
Daz

Daz ....

not sure but contact angus council see bout availability for visitors permits for montrose basin.....very cheap. i have a residents permit so not sure howvisitors ones work.

also....you could always try to find an area of coastline that isnt a reserve and then check it for small bays etc and go down between low n high water marks on the foreshore...again quite lucky if you know where to look local and near local that we have some good foreshore shooting on the coast.....would highly recommend a dog tho for retrival of any game.....rocks in the dark can be quite treacherous

i appreciate you may not be on either coastline?

paul

DazT,

The amount of pink feet in your area, surley you can find the loch they are roosting on, sure the farmers would be pleased if you could keep them off the grass parks, I started wildfowling on the Clyde many years ago, had some good bags down Cardwell Bay area as a lad, remeber Sir Guy Shaw Stewart's keeper used to give me a hard time about access, no probs now-a-days.

Bod

Never seen any down here mate???

The foreshore at lanbank is hoaching Daz, I think access can he gained via Erskine golf club but but you best check, its a contentious issue round there and been a while since I shot there.

There may be some guns locally at Drums estate for the ducks but not sure who keeper is. Also a few ponds round Kilmacolm but think these are syndicate shoots.

Had to laugh at Bodach re: Sir Guy & the estate keepers, they were well known as being a bit strict, as were their predecessors but some sport can certainly he had on the foreshore.

Rb

Would rather go out with a guide mate as i've no experience of wildfowling and wouldn't fancy the police helicopter hovering above my head again :doh:

Would rather go out with a guide mate as i've no experience of wildfowling and wouldn't fancy the police helicopter hovering above my head again :doh:

Never seen any down here mate???

Time to open your eyes then!

The geese are in early on the Clyde ,and "NO" the police won't bother you they haven't bothered anyone,I or the other wildfowlers i know of in the last 40+ years .

Daz the whole of the eaxt end of glasgow will be ringing to the sound of pinks in not to long they will be on the stubble in easterhouse soon as the barley is cut. We dont bother with them just rattle a few pigeon,s

Take a trip up to Kilmalcom and the grass parks just outside the village are black with Pinkfeet!

Bod

im afraid i dont know any guides down your way......a guid few in aberdeenshire....

i know of one guy local here in angus who bought over a retiring guys business and he has a good rep here.. and another who is hated with a passion:eek:

i think MJ Robson on here does geese...he is in fife i believe and iv eheard good things from that camp.

try you local gunshop for adverts etc or some of the shooting organisations will put you in touch with someone in yer area?

i do know its a contenious issue as the few decent goose guides if believed are outnumbered by a good few cowboys who would do anything to take your permission and yer cash and put nowt back into thier sport.:stir:

paul

I've had a few pm's with offers but most of em are too far to travel for a flight.
Hopefully i'll get in contact with someone close by so i'm not having to drive for 3 hours to get there!!!

Daz

Back