Thread: Hello all

Hello all

Hi everyone,

My name is Charlie I live in Staffordshire close to the Peak District, I work in forestry and conservation but shooting is a keen passion of mine. Not been stalking for a few years so looking to get back into it, I use a .25-06 as some of my stalking is in East Anglia where im from originally so the .25 is a great rifle for fallow in arable situations (imo). I have some block of woodlands up here close to home with muntjac in them but they are very few and far between currently (an I would like to keep them that way really). Anyway this forum cropped up a couple of times on google searches i was doing so figured I should register and have a proper look around

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

hi charlie
    welcome and enjoy

HI charlie welcome to sd all the very best

thanks guys, it appears there is a real wealth of information on here, its really making me look forward to getting out and about again with my rifles. I recognise a few locals on here as well which is good.

welcome to the site. have you had any good fallow this season?

nope, not been out due to workload and family, its about 4 years since i last went out stalking so looking forward to getting out and about again. I have some cull stalking lined up in Essex (big arable farm that has a resident population of around 180 fallow)and some munti's round Staffs and Hertfordshire, so it should keep me busy for the limited time i have available over winter.

welcome mate