Scope Level - Good Gadget or Bling???

Jollypoacher

I have just seen this while searching for a bipod. Has anyone got experience with these?FLATLINE-OPS-Covert-34mm-Scope-Level-COVERT.jpg
I would like to know more about them.

I have a B square fitted to my .22lr and it is excellent, particularly if you shoot on steep ground. You will be suprised how much you will cant your rifle. Also good when taking 100+yd rested shots. The B sqare attaches directly to the dovetails. Sportsmatch do ?2 versions and swing out ones are also available. I have also seen them built into the mounts. If you ever come across a Kasnar Beta 3 scope they have an intergral spirit level built into the scope. Also excellent.

If you do alot of shooting on hilly ground or air rifle for squirrels then a Cosine indicator is an underated piece of kit, and works v well with a spirit level.

D

Just another thing to slow your technique down.
More bells and whistles.
Practice good posture and if you can hit 4 inch at whatever range your shooting at you will recover all the deer you shoot at.

fine for those shooting at 1000yds
of no value to those shooting inside 300 IMO

Totally agree - these are ok for target applications, but my experience of them has been poor as the one I had wasn't level! Most people will cant their scopes a little one way or the other when shooting on rough ground with little real implication... so as per above comments this is just another hassle to slow you down!

I think as has been said if your an f-class shooter then there are probably benefits I tried one and what I used to do was spot the target look through the scope think to myself **** I have not checked I'm level take my eye off target to check I'm level then look through the scope again, sometimes the target was lost when you look back again tried it for a month but that's as long as it lasted never again lol

Yup. I have one the same as in your photo. Must admit dont really check mine when shooting out to 200 yds or so. But I am a terrible canter of the rifle and at much longer ranges it will affect my POI. Luckily I shoot rifles with both eyes open and although shoot off the right shoulder, have a master left eye, so when looking down the scope can also see the level 'in' the scope and therefore can do the neccesary adjustments without moving my head.

Should you get one? Really depends as said above.

Sorry guys could not disagree more. Mine on the LR is indispensible and it is easy to see though my left eye. You would be suprised how much you cant a gun esp when shooting diagnally across slopes.

Prehaps I a bit to precise but when I se up a scope I have the action square in a workmate and use a plumb line to aline the reticule, which are often out of true. It doesn't matter if the level is out as long as its consistent and you keep the bubble in the same place for each shot.

Also many would be suprised to find out that rings when mounted are often out of squars.

D

No one is questioning they work.
But to "cant" a rifle on something the size of a deer at normal stalking ranges you would have to be upside down to miss it.
Deffo blig on a stalking rifle.

Try one I - did and like it, lots don't but if it works for you and gives you that bit of extra confidence then go for it...

I use a level on my rimmy and found that it helped me improve my technique. I also have one on my Sauer which helped me. I don't revert to them much now but they are still on the rifles.

I'm useless at getting the scope level especially when shooting sideways downhill across a valley.
Those who knock it and haven't tried one should put on on for the laugh and actually see how
far they are out, not on the range but in the field.
Those who never ever miss their target do not need this. I need all the help I can get.
edi

Back