Thread: Good to meet everyone.

Good to meet everyone.

Hello all.

I've been a lurker here on and off for a while. Decided that it was time I joined.

Quick background - Grew up on farmland, shooting from an early age. First FAC held until '97 as a pistol shooter . Continued with shotgun post ban and then resumed an FAC for rifle shooting again a few years ago.

Started to learn about deer management and stalking as a serious endevour in 2009 under the guidance of an experienced friend, completed 3 seasons with him and then decided to take DCS1 last year to formalise. 2012 has been the first season on my own which I am enjoying (I love company, but stalking on foot as a solitary activity I prefer).

I am fortunate to have own block of around 40 acres, broad leaf woodland in Surrey and rights to around 100 in Hampshire (wood and pasture) for Roe. Pest and vermin control on a further 400 or so acres.

I normally shoot a .260 Remington (Cooper Arms) with a S&B 3-12 PMII, handloaded.

During the winter you'll find me at Bisley once a month competing the Civillian Service rifle league or 'fun' shooting with the NRASc.

Considerations for the future include DSC2, a butchery course and some more hunting abroad.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome aboard. 260 Remington nice caliber choice.

Welcome to the forum