New scope for my 17hmr

exmarksman9870

Hello,
Well i was out with the 17hmr last night and although i got a nice head shot to a bunny at 120 m, i was not happy with the scope that's on it, its a Bushnell Banner dusk dawn 6x24-50 AOIR nothing like a proper Bushnell this is a Chinese copy , i had this scope on a pcp and this must be the worst scope i have owned the image was near imposable to see when zoomed in with the setting suns glare. So im after a new varmint scope i would like an elite but funds are way low at the moment, any thoughts on hawke sidewinder or any other options you guys can give me please feel free...

I would consider S/H if anything around price range only £150 :oops: cheers

i hate AO scope on rifles.
no purpose but to screw up the shot
either get a mid range fixed with 50-56 Obj or a 3-9 or similar.

I had a 6.5-20x40 leupold on my HMR with side parallax
never used the parallax and never took it off 9x!

Cheap and cheery 4-16x50 Richter optics with side PA. Have used this with success out to distances of 200yds + with the HMR ask Derrick.snr what his furthest bunny was using it :) (head shot!)

I like something with good light gathering so 56mm or you lose it at dusk and 12x min to get the most from your hmr. In many respects the scope on an hmr is more important than your stalking rifle, your shooting later and at smaller targets. I have a Docter 3-12 x 56 it's awesome in low light. Been out with plenty of lads with cheap scopes they run out of steam 20mins before me. As always worth spending the extra if you can afford it.

I've got a Hawke Eclipse 3-12X56 on mine, works OK, holds zero and you should get a 2nd hand one in budget. If you know where there are any 2nd hand Docters for £150 please let me know!

I've got a Hawke Eclipse 3-12X56 on mine, works OK, holds zero and you should get a 2nd hand one in budget. If you know where there are any 2nd hand Docters for £150 please let me know!

As the man says.....Hawke Eclipse 3-12x56 cracking scopes for the money ....i would buy another without hesitation

blackpool air rifles are selling them for £120ish new at the minute;):thumb:

A very good scope for the money. I leave mine on x7 for lamping but the higher mag is usefull for longer shots in daylite. As for the AO set it on 90 and forget it.

Had a Mamba, load of rubbish, weighed a ton, whiteout and very fussy on head position.
I had one too and sold it a week later, never even bothered putting it on my 17 to try, now got a Nikon Prostaff 3-9X50 and would recommend it,

Back