Thread: which scope

which scope

hi, i will be in the market for anew scope, this will be going on a 22/250 and will be mostly used with a lamp for foxing. so what make, model and size are you lot useing. any advice will be taken on board and will help me make my mind up.
    cheers stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Zeiss 6.5-20x 50. fab kit. Should pick one up for 550 ish s/h. Oh look, I'm selling one , only because it doesn't work well with nightvision. but a fantastic scope for day or lamping. Killing me to sell it but I just do so much night work I am going down to a cheepo Hawke. Grrr
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

i have a 3/12x50 zeiss on 223 for lamping very good

I have used a Swarovski 6-24x50 on my Ruger No1V for the last,um,long time anyway,7+years. Great scope,excellent clarity. I had an issue with the zero wandering some years ago and sent it off to Swarovski UK. It came back fixed perfectly.
    So thumbs up for their after sales service.I used a Kahles 3-12x50 in the interim. I would recommend those scopes also.
    My 2 cents.

zeiss duralyt fantastic vision in low light if you turn the mag down to around 7

A scope with 12x is more than enough for lamping. However, if you want to have long range fun in daylight, 16 - 20x with turrets is nice. You can have great crack whacking plates at long range with the 22/250.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

For foxing I use a Swarovski PVI 6-24X50 on my .22-250 Tikka T3. Its fitted with a TDS-4l reticle illuminated using the BE4 digital illumination unit (centre red dot). I've head shot fox out to a measured 187 yards at night & chest shot much farther & can truly say it's one of the best scopes I've ever used save for my mate Richards new Z6i 2.5-15X56 which has an amazing light gathering capability.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Swarovski 8x56.