Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re stalking trousers

Re stalking trousers

I see lots of comments on here ref the Swedish harkila or deerhunter styles of apparel.
    Does anyone on here use leather trousers instead of woven material? I do, I took my tip from the stalkers where I live in Germany and I do find them comfortable, quiet, they do not seem to get too wet, thorns briars and nettles have no effect on them they are now 5 years old and are becoming more cosy to wear and they show no damage yet, the gralloch rubs in nicely so I must pong very natural by now .
    I paid 150 euros for my pair.

Harkila Oryx trousers - best of both worlds with leather facings and pocket trims on heavy duty canvas. I find them a really good fit and, as you say, thorns and brambles don't go near them. I was so impressed with them I bought a pair of Harkila Oryx Light trews, (without the leather fronts), for summer and non-hunting use.

I have some Deerhunter Huntsville, they have a full leather front panel and are a good pair of trousers. Briars etc seam to have liitle impact. Only problem is a didn't buy the other pair he had in. 40 i paid for them. Missed a bargian. Doh.

243varmint, Yes you did, the swedish pants style with the leather (goat skin is how it is described here) fronts are very expensive in Germany as they are imported from Sweden.

have a pair with the leather on front and on the seat very good

I have a pair of aussie starskies there mint, 5 years old now, wife keeps stichking em up.
    my mates keep insinuating I am some sort of homo so there is a bit of stick that goes with em just dont grow a big mostacha and you should be fine

I'd be more worried finding a man creeping about in the woods wearing leather trousers that I would a man carrying a rifle!

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

without context asking about stalking and leather trousers may get you in trouble.
    After all, some call it stalking, I call it courting...

Another starkies wearer here, great trousers bit pricey but well worth it when you keep them treated.

Here we go, I knew we would get onto shirt lifters (or is that dirt shifters) before the day was out.
    For sale cheap pair of jackboots & a black peaked hat only used once in warm steamy weather.
    Last edited by Bavarianbrit; 17-08-2012 at 11:01.