Phenomenal Shooting

I imagine he shoots with both eyes open, like with a shotgun, should make judging hold much easier...that said, I'd be happy to hit one of those!

I am playing devils advocate here, winding things up a little,....I have never shot Boar, and if I did I am not sure I would want to shoot them on the run, although it looks like fun!. The answers to this thread seem to imply that when shooting driven boar it is ok to wound them. If this guy is a great shot, surely this means that the average driven boar hunter leaves a lot of gut shot and otherwise wounded animals? surely this guy sets the minimum standard, i.e. the boar he shoots die straight away. Imagine if someone posted a deer stalking vid where 6 or 7 beasts were shot on the run, I reckon guys would be all over it pulling it apart.

Tom D,

Monteria in the Iberian Peninsula is often the only way to shoot. An annual driven hunt where all is shot, AT.

If you don't like it, don't do it.

Hunters are not always Stalkers.

Stan

I am playing devils advocate here, winding things up a little,....I have never shot Boar, and if I did I am not sure I would want to shoot them on the run, although it looks like fun!. The answers to this thread seem to imply that when shooting driven boar it is ok to wound them. If this guy is a great shot, surely this means that the average driven boar hunter leaves a lot of gut shot and otherwise wounded animals? surely this guy sets the minimum standard, i.e. the boar he shoots die straight away. Imagine if someone posted a deer stalking vid where 6 or 7 beasts were shot on the run, I reckon guys would be all over it pulling it apart.

In France I'm hoping for a chance at boar and a fallow on vid, that will defo go on the forum for bragging rights it I connect. After the shooting cinema practice in Denmark I'm OK with it all and confident. After what I've seen in Europe a wounded animal will be quickly followed up and sorted.

Just before I get buzzsaw slagged by the crew, you'll get Stanned b'hatches if you start

Last edited:
And the most IMPORTANT PIECE OF ADVICE in the clip was..........................................? Cheers, K

TBH If someone offered me that chance to shoot driven boar I'd take it, It does look like good fun. I find it interesting however that with all the debates on here regarding long range and bow hunting (the consensus appearing to be against) driven boar seems to get off pretty lightly...

Continental dog work in following up wounded game is second to none. Hunters are taught and tested on static and moving targets before being licensed and take hunting moving game as seriously as we take the pursuit of static game. After a spell of hunting on the continent it fairly wakes you up to the possibilities of a considered shot on a moving target. Perhaps running game is not to everyone's taste but opportunities at the buck quietly walking towards cover become an option rather than watching him disappear for good. I appreciate that this will cause howls of derision from the traditionalists among the forum but once you have spent some time in the shooting cinema and in the field then you tend to have a bit of a wake up call to the acceptability of driven hunting and its opportunities to enlighten your mind to options in this country that you may at one time have let go due to doubts and fears of your own capabilities.
In continental moving target competitions the guys are shooting groups from standing that some Brit's would be proud to shoot prone at a fixed bit of paper.

This youngster is the best shot of his generation so my german friends tell me.

And as for wounded boar this is one of the reasons why the German Scenthounds are so good. A major effort is made to find every wounded boar so there is plenty of practise.

Back