Proposed New FAC/SGC Application Forms and GPO

Jimbo 30 06

Just had email from BASC re proposed new FAC/SGC application forms BASC say print them off then try to fill them in and decide which one is best then forward your reply to them. From replies they will act and persue best option for us.

They also say that the Royal Mail is proposing to BAN the transportation of Guns and Gun parts. We have until 10 00AM 17th September to oppose this. For more info visit BASC website.

Kind regards Jimbo

Last edited:
Just had email from BASC re proposed new FAC/SGC application forms BASC say print them off then try to fill them in and decide which one is best then forward your reply to them. From replies they will act and persue best option for us.

They also say that the Royal Mail is proposing to BAN the transportation of Guns and Gun parts. We have until 10 00AM 17th September to oppose this. For more info visit BASC website.

Kind regards Jimbo

Why not post the text of the EMA with the embedded link to save everyone faffing about? :lol:

After a bit of hunting I think this is the one, but don't know for sure .....

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/departments/firearms/simplify-firearms-licensing.cfm

Why not post the text of the EMA with the embedded link to save everyone faffing about? :lol:

After a bit of hunting I think this is the one, but don't know for sure .....

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/departments/firearms/simplify-firearms-licensing.cfm

I am not as clever as you and Bob on the computer but will take any advise as how to down load and post. But at least i have made you all aware which is the most important thing and i feel we should object to the Royal Mail proposals as it is another way at getting at the Lawful shooter even if he/she only shoots paper targets or clays.

Jimbo :thumb:

Last edited:
I am not as clever as you and Bob on the computer but will take any advise as how to down load and post. But at least i have made you all aware which is the most important thing and i feel we should object to the Royal Mail proposals as it is another way at getting at the Lawful shooter even if he only shoots paper targets or clays.

Jimbo :thumb:

Jimbo .... you can just highlight the text of whatever you want to post .... click on COPY in the top EDIT bar of IE .... login to SD .... then paste the lump of text in after your post. Google 'cut and past' if you get stuck.

As for the Royal Mail proposal to prohibit carriage of fireams & parts, I think the decision has already been made ..... but not for the reasons RM state in the consultation. My guess is RM have already been priced out by the competion. They've lost market share in plenty of other operations.

I was in the largest RFD shop (very rural) in my County on Monday, and both UPS and TNT were dropping off and collecting then. The latter was picking up a sale return shotgun order by Edgar Brothers. Informal chat, very matey, obviously everyone knew each other, and they worked together to parcel it up and get the paperwork right.

That left me wondering whether ParcelForce or Royal Mail have much future.... at least out here.

The royal mail ban maybe more of a help than a hindrance IMO , they are more unreliable than probably any other postal service any problems I have ever had have been royal mail/parcel force I certainly won't use them anymore many businesses I no who post goods won't use them anymore, if you want a letter posting then yes it's good value but once you start getting up to jiffy bag sized items the price rockets up people use them because it's convenient I suppose.....

I prefer the current form to the new versions. What we need is an electronic form that we can submit online, not a new way of asking the same questions.

Why of why do we need to sign to say they can contact a doctor separately? Why it can't be added in to the final text at the end.

I've only just glanced at these, but surely it would be a good idea to have THREE boxes to tick at the start: rather than just GRANT or RENEWAL, it would be good to have VARIATION as well.

Back